by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Sims 4 Highchair

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? High school , Cottage living, Eco lifestyle, Discover university, Get famous, Seasons, City Living, get together, get to work, my wedding stories, strangerville, parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, tiny living, Moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, backyard, cool kitchen, perfect patio, and luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By clicking on the highchair.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option is available to feed toddler from high chair but nothing happens. You have to click on the high chair to put toddler there and then click on the high chair again to feed the toddler.
What do you expect to see? You used to have the option to just click feed toddler from the high chair select the food from the menu and then your sim will automatically put the food in the high chair first and your sim will put the toddler in the chair. Now I have to do it step by step which is tedious.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 51 of 62 (817 Views)

Re: Sims won’t put toddler in high chair

★ Novice
@kiki13450 How did you fix it? I am currently having this problem
Message 52 of 62 (729 Views)

Re: Sims won’t put toddler in high chair

Hero
@kaelyn_ann12 I moved your post over to the current bug report on this.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 62 (703 Views)

Toddler High Chairs

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on high chair situated at dining table, select menu option "Give food to "X"".
What happens when the bug occurs? The command is ignored. The adult sim does nothing.
What do you expect to see? That the adult sim picks up the toddler, put the toddler in the high chair and place food on the high chair.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Click on high chair situated at dining table, select menu option "Give food to "X"".  The command is ignored. The adult sim does nothing.

Message 54 of 62 (686 Views)

Toddler high chairs arent working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Most updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, dream home decorater, strangeville, parenthood, dine out, spa day, laundry day, my first pet, bowling night and romantic garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? trying to give food to toddler in highchair
What happens when the bug occurs? the interaction gets denied straight away and doesnt even show up on the side
What do you expect to see? an adult/teen sim selecting food and putting toddler in high chair
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

It started off as not letting me clean the highchair but now i cant do anything with them in any household.

Message 55 of 62 (600 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adult sim not pick toddler in high chair to be feed

★★★★ Novice

Hello @LeiaMaria97

I ended up linked here from a problem I posted a week ago

Re: Autonomous Actions Reaking Havoc with High Chair and Toddlers - Answer HQ

Can you check that out and see if it makes sense to you? Do you think it's more so that autonomous actions are interferring with actions you've queued up?

Message 56 of 62 (512 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes it could make sense but i agree with Crinrict. that it is connect to this problem. since that action is completely broken doesn't queue at all from adult sims but if toddler ask adult sim to give food or drink may get interrupted by other sim trying to help/interfere or toddler trying to fill their own needs like sleep, attention, fun and etc, this happen a lot in my saves and simple annoying.

Message 57 of 62 (494 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yea but I'm not having the issue where it doesn't queue at all from adult sims. I can get it to queue just fine. It's just that it gets interrupted. Are you sure that it's not that it appears as though it's not queueing at all when really it's just getting interrrupted?

Message 58 of 62 (474 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is without question one of the most annoying bugs. There are three ways to feed the toddler: 1. Click Toddler and then feed or give food. Whatever it says. 2. Click the high chair to give food and pick a toddler. 3. Have the toddler ask for help to get fed from an adult.

Every single one of these will fail sometimes. The least reliable is clicking on the toddler. Most reliable is having the toddler ask, but this can fail, too. Clicking the high chair is hit and miss.

It is annoying, because you will spend 10 minutes real time clicking to give orders, then waiting to see if they will be followed. Moving things or people, clicking again and waiting again. Your toddler can have just entered the orange, and if you are lucky, they are not too far into the red when the game finally reacts.

I got a warning for supposedly trolling, because I stated the truth: Most features are broken, and they do not get fixed. That is not trolling. That is a customer, who has paid out hundreds of Euro to play your game with its add-ons getting sick and tired of fighting with the game, trying to get it to do what it should. 

Please stop creating new content until most of the bugs are truly fixed.

Message 59 of 62 (441 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm wondering if this was fixed today with the infant update? I have been able to successfully direct my sim to feed a toddler in a high chair a few times today and I also had the same toddler asked his parent to feed him in the high chair. I am playing in a new save with no mods/cc in my game. All packs but Menswear Kit (and obviously not Growing Together yet as it's not out).

Best regards,

Jennifer

Game version PC 1.96.365.1030

Message 60 of 62 (2,291 Views)