EA App installation, "Something Went Wrong" error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to install it, it gives me this screen 

Message 2 of 165 (46,666 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New EA app wont install.

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and the following worked for me: I checked all the "Microsoft Visual C++..." under "Apps"  and choosed "Repair" where it was available. I restarted my computer and then the installation went just fine. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 165 (54,645 Views)

All Replies

EA app won’t install on my windows 7

★★★ Newbie

I’ve tried multiple times to try to install the EA app but once it’s done loading it says “ The EA I have encountered an error and couldn’t finish installing”… honestly i’m just trying to use it for sims lol but i literally have no idea how to fix it HELP! 😭 

Message 1 of 165 (46,682 Views)

New EA app wont install.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

affafafa.PNG

So I Removed Origin since I was having issues connecting to the game server. Figured its time I try the EA app. So it will not install. So i cant play apex anymore. 
I tried to find the Origin client for download no luck so far. I have no Idea what is causing this.

Why did they want to mess with Origin client, when that was working? It looked better too. If its not broken why fix it? Now it seems really broken.

Message 3 of 165 (46,664 Views)

Re: EA app won’t install on my windows 7

Community Manager

Hey @girwuqxhheji 

To confirm EA App is meant to work with the below version of Windows:

• 64-bit minimum versions of Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & 11.

If you are running into issues installing can you try running the installer as an admin, and check if any Anti-virus is not hindering it from creating needed files?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 165 (46,613 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Jonathan7Faith7 Can you try running the installer as an admin, and checking if any security software if not stopping the installation? If not we also have additional things to check in our FAQ.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 165 (46,610 Views)

★ Apprentice

What I did was go back to the Origin Client. that works. Also changed to google dns numbers. but still the EA thing did not work. Origin does.

Message 6 of 165 (46,583 Views)

Community Manager
@Jonathan7Faith7 Thanks for the update, if we are unable to install the EA App we may need to use the Origin client for now. To check do you have a 64-bit device?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 165 (46,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Where did you find the original Origins client?

Message 8 of 165 (46,522 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @eclas05 you can see our post here

Illium.png

Message 9 of 165 (46,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem and I have tried everything and nothing works

Message 10 of 165 (46,309 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help