by halloweenchild13

Original Post

[DU] Roomates are placing food on top of toilets in the Dorms

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.102.190.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Dream Home Decorator, Mochisno, and all of the Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in a dorm either at Britechester or Foxbury and you will eventually see roommates binging home plates of food and sitting them atop the toilets in the stalls.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims placing foot on top of the toilets
What do you expect to see? Sims not placing food on top of toilets.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I sent my teen off to University as she had graduated High School Early (old save before HSY), as I panned over to the bathroom to click on the shower I noticed a bunch of sims standing around in front of the toilet stalls eating. Confused I take a peek only to find that they placed the plates of prepared family-sized meals on the cisterns. 

I know that food hygiene isn't a thing in TS4, but it is annoying and immersion-breaking to see sims gathered around the stalls eating food. 

I have no idea if this is a recent bug or if my save is scuffed, but I figured I'd report it as it's an annoying little bug. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag to fit the tagging conventions

Message 1 of 7 (1,426 Views)

Re: [DU] Roomates are placing food on top of toilets in the Dorms

★★★★★ Pro

Bringing home food, especially cakes, is expected behavior for DU roomies. This is the first I've heard of them putting the food on toilets, though. The few times that I used University Housing, the food went mostly on the coffee tables. Still, it makes sense if the toilet has a slot to put things on.

I think the best thing you could probably do is find something more appropriate to put on the toilets so there won't be room to put food on them.

Message 2 of 7 (1,402 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Sketch793 I am aware that roommates will bring food to the dorms, it's not the first time I've used DU, just been a while since I've played in a dorm as I've usually opted to be "off campus".
So I do think that, somehow, the Devs added a "shelf" to the toilets and since sims like to stick things on anything but the correct countertops (They love putting things up on high shelves/tall half walls and then complain they can't reach to get the object down (so how TF did they put it up there in the first place?)).
I'll definitely buy some music decore and place them on the stalls to see if that fixes the issue.
Message 3 of 7 (1,389 Views)

Champion
@halloweenchild13 Yes, the toilets in the stalls have got slots now,
I've just seen a sim put dirty dishes on one of them.
But up to now prepared food has always been placed on coffee tables or outside on the balcony.
Message 4 of 7 (1,371 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Gagea25 I have noticed that sims/roommates are placing food in the bathrooms now instead of on the coffee table in front of the TV in the common room or in the bedrooms, its kind of annoying ngl XD
Message 5 of 7 (1,211 Views)

★ Guide

I just had this happen to me three times so far during the first term of my sim's time at Foxbury.

I admit, I have never played the dorms at this University until now and whenever I play a 10 bed dorm at the other school the roommates will set the plates of food on the ground outside, but all of them are slobs in that dorm and none of them eat or clean up the food or after themselves. The most hygienic thing I have ever seen them do at that school is shower.
There's usually about 10 plates of rotting food on the ground outside by the end of a semester unless I take the time to live drag them to the coffee table, where they get ignored, or the garbage chute.

Usually, when I play with DU I have them remain at home, but this time I opted not to. 

This is the first time that I have seen them place the food on the back of a toilet. It's annoying especially when there's a coffee table right in the next room. 
I think I'm going to have my sim switch dorms when this semester is over.

And don't get me started on the autonomous counter dancing....in the bathroom.

Message 6 of 7 (767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

All the dormies place food in the floor of the bathroom or out on the patio on the ground instead of the perfectly serviceable coffee tables or counter tops. And the occasional toilet tank placement as well. Since growing together/horse ranch (installed at the same time in my game.) ALL dorms.

Message 7 of 7 (529 Views)