by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[DU] Professor Changes Almost Every Term

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Dream Home Decorator, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim going to university, go through two terms and have the first lecture for the third term. Look in the sim's relationship panel and note that 1-2 new, auto-generated professors have been added.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though there are pre-made professors my sim gets new, auto-generated professors, sometimes as early as for the second term, but often for the third term.
What do you expect to see? Either the same professor for a whole program, or more pre-made professors who are pre-set to have different courses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but I was thinking that maybe it's a bug since there are only two pre-made professors for each university (Jing Fen and Thomas Jabari at Britechester University, and Lana McKinnon and Serena Bhamra at Foxbury Institute). If we were meant to get different professors for each term I would expect more pre-made professors.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,052 Views)

Re: Professor Changes Almost Every Term

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi!

Is there any issue with updates, because im not too sure if this is meant to happen or not. Check for upda

Message 2 of 7 (1,030 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SlothPers0n I have the latest version of the game, or what do you mean?
Message 3 of 7 (993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, PC cut out halfway.

When did this start happening?

Message 4 of 7 (982 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@SlothPers0n I first noticed it in the beginning of August I think, but it could very well have been happening before that.
Message 5 of 7 (937 Views)

Re: [DU] Professor Changes Almost Every Term

Champion

I think this sounds like normal behaviour to me. There are two premade professors for each university - for Britechester it's Jing Fen (Grumpy Professor) and Thomas Jabari (Nice Professor). For Foxbury, the two premade professors are Serena Bhamra (Grumpy Professor) and Lana McKinnon (Nice Professor).

But there are four different professor archetypes - your game will generate the missing professors to be new randoms when it needs those slots filled - each university campus will need a Bro Professor and a Smart Professor position filled. Once each university has all four of those types of professor filled, the game should consistently reuse those for the classes when it needs to. And each class type seems to have a preference - for example classes related to physical fitness skills and health I've seen use the bro professor more often, which is why you might not see the game use the premades for those as they don't match the professor type.

There's always the possiblilty for extras being generated when the existing ones are occupied - for example the game uses a Smart Professor for the Robot Competition at Foxbury, but if the Smart Professor is already walking by on the campus the game might generate an extra to judge the competition because it couldn't summon the existing one. That's just an example of what I've seen the game do while handling NPCs.

I don't see any reason not to have those extra professors be random. I don't need a full staff of premades - having half premade and half random will keep people's saves fresh and full of variety.

Message 6 of 7 (921 Views)

Re: [DU] Professor Changes Almost Every Term

★★★★ Pro
@simvasion Oh, that explains it! I didn’t know there were four types of professors like that. But I wish there were pre-made professors of each type, because I prefer lore over randomness.
Message 7 of 7 (914 Views)