by Luisa_darke2002

Original Post

[DO] Host doesn't show up for work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs City Living Discover Uni Get to work Get Together Island Living Seasons Dine out Outdoor retreat parenthood Spa day Vampires Backyard stuff Cool kitchen stuff Kids Room stuff Laundry Day Movie Hangout Stuff Perfect Patio Stuff Romantic Garden Spooky Stuff Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Tried to repair game, opened a new save, closed and reopened
What happens when the bug occurs? Host doesn't show up for work in Dine Out in any save file, doesn't show up on lot.
What do you expect to see? Host doesn't show up for work at all.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,784 Views)

Re: Host doesn't show up for work

Champion

Hey @Luisa_darke2002 ! I noticed this too and also with other employees.  For me, they showed up for the first shift after they were hired but didn't show up for the next shift when the restaurant opened again.  Is that what you're experiencing as well or does the host not show up even for the first shift?  It took a bit of experimenting but I figured out that if I paid for training for all of them and gave some praise, they all showed up for the next shift.  I had to fire existing employees and hire new ones, then offer the training and give praise.  It also helps to check on employees during the shift.  Another thing that may help is to make sure they don't work longer than 8 to 10 hours to make sure they don't lose too much of their needs.  I hope this helps!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 12 (2,768 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @JonaO703, my host doesn't show up from the very start. I've tried firing and rehiring, opening different restaurants and different saves. But nothing works. Thank you for answering though!

Message 3 of 12 (2,761 Views)

Champion

@Luisa_darke2002 Hmm ... well that is annoying.  Apologies if this is too obvious but does the restaurant have a host stand?

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 12 (2,751 Views)

★★ Novice

@JonaO703, it does have a host stand, I've also tried moving it around everywhere, making sure there isn't anything anywhere that could block it. It's really weird, almost like the host function just doesn't exist. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Luisa_darke2002 Okay, well my next question was if you had tried moving the stand around making sure there's nothing obstructing it so, we're on the same page.  I know it's buggy so I'm just offering some things that worked for me.  Have you tried doing a game repair?  Also, maybe try opening the restaurant and if the host doesn't show, close it for a few seconds then reopen?

Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 12 (2,746 Views)

Hero
@Luisa_darke2002 Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,717 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @JonaO703, thank you for your help. I have tried a game repair and have also tired what you suggested, but unfortunately, neither of them work. It's very weird that it seem to only be not working with me Frown @crinrict, I have Pm'd you with my save fileStandard smile Thank you guys

Message 8 of 12 (2,707 Views)

Hero
@Luisa_darke2002 So I tested your save and could see the issue in both restaurants. One has Alex Moyer as host though and as she's a bit of a special Sim (Tutorial) that could be the reason. Not sure if the other has anything special about her.

I fired both of them and hired someone else and those had no issues showing up. They also kept showing up the next time I opened the restaurant.

When you rehired, did you rehire the same Sims or different ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (2,701 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict, thank you for looking. I rehired different sims, the same as what you did but it didn't work. I've just tried it again and it's now working. Very confusing why it didn't work the first time, but thank you very much for the help!

Message 10 of 12 (2,683 Views)