Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DHD] Sims obsessively view decor they like/dislike

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs. All Game Packs except Realm of Magic, Vampires, and Journey to Batuu. All Stuff Packs except Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, & Cool Kitchen. I have no kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the Dream Home Decorator pack. Give your Sim a Décor preference. Play in Live mode with all autonomy off. Put your Sim in an area that has décor that matches a like or dislike they have. Sim will autonomous express their like or dislike of décor.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cancel the action they are currently doing, including sleeping, and autonomously express their like or dislike of décor even when autonomy is off. This will even occur with people walking outside your household, who do not know your Sim, and come in your home to express their like or dislike of your décor even if you don't know them. This occurs when I have mods disabled and enabled.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I have autonomy off, my household Sims will not do anything autonomously. I also expect strangers to not enter my home.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Dislike and Like Autonomy, random stranger comes into house without being prompted because he likes my Sims' plant.

I was playing in Live mode when a Eric Lewis (who was a complete stranger) entered my Sims home and stood in front of a plant with the icon that signifies that he liked my Sim's décor. He wouldn't leave until I used the "send home" interaction.

Capture.PNG

(August 18, 2021 edit: Happened again!)

EDIT: Adjusted title

Message 3 of 43 (5,687 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Corner Obsession

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 19 of 43 (6,029 Views)

All Replies

Sim cancels action to navigate to 'like'-related object

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs Stuff Packs - Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Backyard Living, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio Kits - Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Current most-likely replication route: 1. Apply 'Likes, Mid-Century Decor' to a Young Adult sim [[current Sim is young adult female and has Mid-Century, Modern, Sub-Con & Cosmolux likes, but most frequent trigger seems to be Mid-Century]] 2. Add Mid-Century decor to a house 3. Select Sleep interaction at before midnight [[that's when this sim was frequently going to sleep]] 4. Every night or 2 the sim is awoken w/o their Sleep need filled, around 12-3am, to auto-pilot to a piece of furniture, the Like bubble will appear while they appreciate the decor... this interaction sequence cannot be cancelled and does not appear as an action they are taking to attempt to cancel -- In my case it was typically a downstairs item the sim navigates to, but sometimes occurred upstairs near their bed as well -- No one piece of furniture or decor was the target of the interaction, but frequently it was the Tuff & Tuffeted Sectional Sofa
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cancel actions which are typically completed to their entirety [unless other needs supersede] in order to self-navigate to a piece of furniture or decor item which aligns with a selected 'Like' So far this has happened in 2 noticeable areas while having full or mostly full needs and no other reason for the action I selected to be cancelled: *Note: to reiterate, these actions were selected by me, with autonomy functions off* 1. While sleeping, before the need is full and at odd hours of the night 2. In the middle of recording a Inspired vlog on the More Choices Video Station 3. In the middle of preparing/cooking meals
What do you expect to see? These actions should not self-cancel to pursue a 'like' whim and should be completed as per normal expectations for user-selected actions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Home Decorator game pack, added likes/dislikes to new sims

Essentially my sim is self-canceling user-selected actions (Sleep, Record Video, Cook, etc.) and navigating to an object which fits their 'like' profile that cannot be cancelled.

They're sleeping, need's not full, around 12-3am the sim wakes up, no new action appears and they walk to an object, view it and the Like bubble appears above their head related to the decor style. Sure, sleeping sounds trivial, but in the middle of recording a vlog for Media Production, when a Sim cancels the action to go bask in the aesthetic glory of a rug... you have to start all over again.

Message 1 of 43 (5,416 Views)

Re: Sim cancels action to navigate to 'like'-related object

★★ Guide

A workaround until they fix it is removing all the "decoration-related" likes. This seems to fix the problem for most people.

Message 2 of 43 (5,377 Views)

Re: Sims autonomously express décor likes and dislikes when autonomy is off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The only workaround for this feature is to remove like and dislike for décor in vanilla. I want to use this feature but not with this stupid *I drop your task to look at my décor*

If you want to use a mod; Zero Home Decorator - No Reaction to Décor. The mod remove the moodlet(Idle), I have rather a sims who follow my task as have a stupid moodlet.

Message 4 of 43 (5,648 Views)

Hero
is anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 43 (5,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I can only answer for the autonomy process. It’s still there and still drops to 50% my task to admire a décor where is normaly far away from his actual position (but I think the cooldown is now longer) I removed his like after he do it for 4x!

Message 6 of 43 (5,510 Views)

Hero
@daikoyu Do you still have it for sleeping too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 43 (5,491 Views)

★★★ Pro

No, this is fixed in vanilla game. My sims were always awake and never wake up to admire the deco.

I encountered it only if I wake up my sims and give him the task to shower, he goes to the shower, cancel it to admire his fridge + today I encountered one stranger knock on my doors, go in my house, without invite, to admire the deco.

Message 8 of 43 (5,483 Views)

Hero
@daikoyu thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 43 (5,463 Views)

★★ Guide

This is happening to me still on PS4 even though they claimed it was fixed. My sims still constantly cancel actions to go and admire/dislike decor 

Message 10 of 43 (5,400 Views)