Re: Pronoun not applying - They/Them

by EA_Solaire

Original Post

Custom pronoun not applying - School Notifications

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
  • Which pronouns are you using? - they/them
  • Where are they not being applied? - "...they is earning good grades." Pronoun is applied, but sentence structure is jank. (It's from the job performance hover over for B grade teen sims)
  • Can you share a screenshot of what you're seeing? - Sure thing!
Message 1 of 51 (5,558 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

★★★ Newbie

My sim (who is supposed to use they/them pronouns) came come from university and it misgendered them. 😕 

Message 2 of 51 (4,828 Views)

Re: Pronoun not applying - They/Them

Community Manager
Hi @typicalmegane,

Thank you for letting us know! I've split your post off from the main thread just for tracking purposes.

solaire.png

Message 3 of 51 (4,585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
  • Which pronouns are you using? - they/them
  • Where are they not being applied? - 'shared sadness' sentiment moodlet and high school student A grade description

Screenshot (516).png

Screenshot (515).png

Message 4 of 51 (4,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sim Sam uses they/them pronouns. I selected these from the drop-down menu in CAS. 

When they finished their homework the notification called it 'his' homework. I've attached a screenshot. 

Thanks so much for this pronoun update. I hope this helps to improve it. 

Message 5 of 51 (4,555 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, I couldn't catch screenshots, but one of my Sims originally had she/her pronouns and I set them to he/him pronouns, and now when he gets pop up notifications (specifically the one saying that he finished his homework) it uses she/her pronouns. However, when I go to check the notifications, they use the correct pronouns.

Message 6 of 51 (4,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sure! I believe the pronouns resetting is one connected issue (it pops up on every single moodlet and description), but the wonky text for the high school student thing is independent of that. That was once again with a sim using they/them pronouns. So if you need that separately, here it is. 

Message 7 of 51 (4,500 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a child sim with the default they/them pronouns, and when they got an A grade instead of saying "Alex has been working hard, and they are now a grade A student. Great Job!" it says, "Alex has been working hard, and they is now a grade A student. Great Job!" while the second is proper for she/Her and he/him it isn't for they/them pronouns (and probably some neopronouns) it also sounds pretty weird. Thank you so much btw for implementing these!

Message 8 of 51 (4,491 Views)

★ Novice

my sim uses they/them

correct pronouns did show up when my sim finished their school project quickly and was awarded extra credit

Message 9 of 51 (4,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ran into an issue after a school pop up.

My sim, Lemon, is using she/her pronouns
After answering a pop up at school, the following notification applied he/him pronouns

Message 10 of 51 (4,566 Views)