by whymelani

Original Post

Cookout Scenario: Route Fail for 'Put Away Food' or 'Get leftovers' Solved

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct sim to Put Away Food during Cookout Scenario. (Bug did not occur with another family not doing the Cookout Scenario in the same save) Bug occurred with and without mods. Bug occurred when same lot re-placed. Bug occurred with new lot placed. Bug occurred with all refrigerators. Bug occurred when fridge moved. Move Objects was always disabled.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim displays routing failure. They do not put food away. Neither can they get leftovers out of the fridge.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see sim route to fridge and put leftovers inside. Or to get left overs out of the fridge.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

THE BUILD ITSELF IS GLITCHED. I DID DOWNLOAD IT OFF THE GALLERY. DELETED IT FROM MY GAME ENTIRELY. HAVE DO IDEA WHY THE BUILD IS GLITCHED.

I started the Cookout Scenario. I tried to have my sim(s) put leftovers away. They display the routing failure. I moved the fridge. Same result. Replaced same lot. Same result. Placed a different lot. Same result. Placed every fridge with the same result.  Bug occurred with and without mods. Bug occurred with game restart. Bug occurred with lot being reloaded. Move Objects was always disabled.

Went into another household not doing the Cookout Scenario. Task completed.

I just discovered they also cannot get leftovers out of the fridge.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 7 (988 Views)

Re: Cookout Scenario: Route Fail for 'Put Away Food' or 'Get leftovers'

★★★ Newbie

I'm experiencing a bug in this scenario where every time I do the fried fish plate, at excellent quality, it doesn't tick off. I've tried like 6 different types of fish and it just wont clear. I've done everything else needed to complete the scenario

Message 2 of 7 (869 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am having the exact same problem as ElvyPlays.  I've tried several times, with both Excellent quality fish and Excellent results on the fish plate.  I've tried different varieties of fish, different grills...nothing works. I've tried a Sim with and a Sim without the "Stoves and Grills Master" reward, in case that might impact the outcome.  It won't tick off the list, so I can not complete the scenario.

Message 3 of 7 (856 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ElvyPlays Make sure you are clicking Fried Fish Plate cooking level 5. OshinSims made a comment in her video to not get confused with Fried Fish cooking level 3.
Message 4 of 7 (833 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tantara Make sure you are clicking Fried Fish Plate cooking level 5. OshinSims made a comment in her video to not get confused with Fried Fish cooking level 3.
Message 5 of 7 (832 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you.  My Sim has cooking level 10, so when I saw your response, I figured that surely this is the answer.  However, I do not have an option for "Fried Fish Plate" when clicking on the grill - only "Fried Fish." 

I tried selecting from the refrigerator menu, and I DO have "Fried Fish Plate" listed there.  It seems they forgot to add this new recipe to any of the grills.  (The other new grill recipe, BBQ Ribs Plate, IS listed on grills, though.)

I was able to complete the task and scenario by going through the fridge instead of directly through the grill.  (My Sim did not cook the Fried Fish Plate on the grill as he does the Ribs, though.  He used the stove.) 

Thanks to you and to OshinSims.  I hope the Sims team fixes this and/or changes the language on the task to direct players to the fridge instead of the grill.

Message 6 of 7 (826 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Tantara Glad you were able to complete the scenario. I haven't completed it cause I'm using my young adult sim for the cookout portion. His parents did the ribs and fried fish plate. I love the shirts too. I also have had them meet other families so they can have a neighborhood style cookout. And you are very welcome.
Message 7 of 7 (821 Views)