[ARCHIVE] Gallery notification list not showing

by SilverWolf0130

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@simvasion  Outstanding! Great find. 

I will be naming my first born after you......I'm 50....so it may be a puppy. 

Message 61 of 134 (1,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@simvasionDeleting that seems to have fixed it for me as well! Super happy about that! Thank you!

One thing I noticed though, after deleting that my Sims 4 folder no longer has a notify.glob anywhere in it, so it doesn't seem like it's regenerating a new one. I assume it's ok though since my game is running fine, I'm mostly just wondering why the game appears to no longer need that.

Message 62 of 134 (1,435 Views)

Champion
@SilverWolf0130 you will get one eventually as new notifications come in, I think it's some kind of notification cache.
Message 63 of 134 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@simvasion Weird because I did get quite a few new notifications while playing earlier. Maybe it just takes more than what I got to make it? Or just takes a bit of time until it does get made? No matter though, I'm just happy the notifications are fixed now and nothing else is broken.
Message 64 of 134 (1,397 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@simvasion  Thank you , thank you! <3 This is so much easier than starting a new game every time it happens!

Message 65 of 134 (1,331 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

For anyone affected by this, would you be willing to share your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\notify.glob file with me?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions on how to share files are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: We have enough notify.glob files for now.  Thanks very much to those of you that sent files.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 66 of 134 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SimQARobo This is the notify.glob folder that I removed from my game to fix it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nuBp-FXzxg1il6R1oLHjDk9xbDL-Cw7j/view?usp=sharing

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 67 of 134 (1,290 Views)

★★ Guide

@VIKING5GRL wrote:

I’m on PS4 and since we’ve gotten gallery I’ve never seen a news tab. I was searching about this yesterday but there’s no info about console having this feature. Am I missing something or how are we supposed to be notified of comments, downloads, trending, new posts from people we follow etc? 

@SimQARobo   Any idea if consoles will get gallery notifications? Would be so helpful 

Message 68 of 134 (1,222 Views)

News tab not working

★★★★ Novice

When in the Gallery the "News" tab doesn't populate what others are sharing and liking for the past couple days.

Message 69 of 134 (1,196 Views)

Re: News tab not working

Hero
@Christabelle73 Merged your post with the current thread on this.

Please try workaround in the solution post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 134 (1,194 Views)