[ARCHIVE] Gallery notification list not showing

by SilverWolf0130

Original Post

Re: Unable to see news and gallery notifications.

★★★ Apprentice
@simvasion thank you! I had this problem too and the solution worked!
Message 91 of 134 (908 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Gallery notification list not showing

★★★ Newbie

me too deleting all notifications fixed my error! 

Message 92 of 134 (818 Views)

Last Exception

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm posting here because I can't post anywhere else. The bug forum won't allow me to submit bug reports. I've tried twice on two different browsers, and I get this message: 

An Unexpected Error has occurred. An Unexpected Error has occurred.

I'm on MacBook Pro, MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. I've tried posting with both Safari and Chrome.

And here is my game bug:

I get multiple Last Exceptions every time I play. This has been happening for months. Today I got this one after starting the game and running it for one minute with no mods:

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>ffc86685b165fe785fcea331</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4.15.mac</sku><createtime>2020-12-07 21:49:22</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.69.57.1220-1.200.000.480.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)olympus.core::OlympusObject</categoryid><desyncid>ffc86685b165fe785fcea331</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::OlympusObject/ParseObject()&#13;&#10; at OlympusObject instance constructor()&#13;&#10; at FeedData instance constructor()&#13;&#10; at gamedata.Exchange::FeedDataFeed/GetOfflineFeedList()&#13;&#10; at gamedata.Exchange::FeedDataFeed/HandleFeedRequestResponse()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/Dispatch()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/SendUIMessage()&#13;&#10;rtim=3362&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 26.70&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,89,45622&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Mac OS X Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2) GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M370X macOS Metal driver 0.0.0.0&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

I have all packs installed. I have today's patch installed, so I am running 1.69.57.1220 currently.

Edit By Crinrict: Moved to correct thread, adjusted title, added spoiler tag

Message 93 of 134 (807 Views)

Re: Last Exception

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Will it work with the new look in-game? I have the same problem shows the name with X above where the picture would be.

Sims 4 Main PageSims 4 Gallery

Message 94 of 134 (766 Views)

★★ Guide

My problem was moved to the wrong thread.

Message 95 of 134 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LadyAngelchan On the part where your thumbnails are not showing in the gallery, are you playing in 'online' mode? You may want to make sure of that and if the thumbnail images are still not showing in the gallery try running a game repair:

• Open Origin, click ‘Game Library’ then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game
• If you’re on PC, make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base game first, then run through each of your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs).
• If you’re on Mac, the repair in Origin will only repair your base game. Learn why and how to repair your DLCs (Expansion Packs, Game Packs and Stuff Packs) at this link: https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

If the issue persists you can try removing the following cache file:

How to delete cache:
• Exit your game and Origin
• Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4
• Delete the localthumbcache.package file in your “The Sims 4” folder (your game will re-create this folder next time you open the game)

If none of the above helps in getting your gallery to populate the images properly you could read through this thread to see if it may address/be your issue:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

In regards to the notification issue, please try the workaround at the beginning of this thread.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 96 of 134 (711 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RouenSims The exception you posted is the same as this thread.
This issue causes this exception which I moved it here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 134 (699 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have noticed that those who have DnD / Gamer mode on avast if they go into setting and exempt sims in the dnd mode settings it does fix this too. not sure if it actually is a firewall issue or DnD mode causing it. avast claim on their forums its DnD mode however probs a bit of both.
Message 98 of 134 (685 Views)

Hero
@matthew1112 That's very possible. Avast/AVG are blocking files in the user folder to be changed. Notify.glob gets changed with this and if Avast is blocking it, it can't.

It's a ransomeware setting and it causes all kinds of issues. Deleting the file works cause you can create new files, just not change them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 99 of 134 (668 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem,did you fix it?

Message 100 of 134 (632 Views)