Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Translation and Text Errors with Japanese

by Japanic2012

Original Post

[COLLECTION THREAD] Translation and Text Errors with Japanese

Hero

Please post any text and translation errors with the Japanese Version in here

Make sure to include a picture of the error. Best is if you encircle the error for best visualization.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,317 Views)

Wrong display in a StyleInfluencer career

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 日本語
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to remove trend after creating a male/Female trend in an StyleInfluencer career.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ''remove trend'' display has the same meaning as it ''create trend''. This false indication is visible to both male and Female.
What do you expect to see? Display that shows that it is a menu to removing trends.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't noticed for a long time that this is a menu for removing trends.

Maybe I think ''男性/女性のトレンドを削除する'' is Suitable text.

sorry English is not my language.

Edit By Crinrict: removed tag

Message 1 of 8 (2,363 Views)

Re: [UNSURE]Wrong display in a StyleInfluencer career

★★ Novice

Oh, I Should have been titled "Wrong Translation". Of course, this is the Japanese version.

I Failed to attach the image directly. so Attached here.

https://imgur.com/QzfKxSC

Message 2 of 8 (2,341 Views)

Re: [UNSURE]Wrong display in a StyleInfluencer career

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LEDDYZEROSS is it jus the translation that's the issue or something else ? Do they do the same thing or do they what expected but with wrong writing ? If it's just a translation issue, it's best to put it in the translation error thread for your language (EDIT: I see there isn't one for japanese. I'll create one and if it's really just about the text, I'll merge this into the new thread)

Best not to use any tags at all cause I put them to keep track of issues (unless they are tags for packs)

EDIT: Merging this with the new Japanese translation error thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,328 Views)

★★★ Guide

False translation in Bust the Dust Fabulously Filthy Aspiration Milestone text: Japanese text says "Clean 3 kitchen or bathroom objects" (FabFilthBug01.jpg), the English says exactly the opposite (FabFilthBug02.jpg).

Message 5 of 8 (2,221 Views)

★★ Novice

The bar counter pie menu has the same meaning what "Make Drink" and "Make Drink For", and I don't know which is the command to make a drink for someone. I'm always wondering which Choose to make for my sim to drink self.
"ドリンクを作る(Make drink)" and "飲み物を作る(Make drink For)" are displayed respectively, I Think it may be better to display "飲み物を作る" for someone instead of "誰かのために飲み物を作る".

Thank you Crin for the Japanese translation error thread!

Message 6 of 8 (2,014 Views)

★★★★ Guide

About sim's name
The names of the two sims "Lily Fen" and "Holy Alto" in the City Living pack are incorrect.
In Japanese, about the names (proper nouns), pronunciation is written in "katakana" as it is. So the correct written are "アルト ホーリー" and "フェン リリー" .

2022y07m20d_015108577.jpg

2022y07m20d_015148209.jpg

I do not know if the names are displayed correctly because we have no knowledge of names in languages other than English, but the rules for displaying names in Japanese are the same as shown above.
Names in Chinese, Korean, and other countries that are displayed in "kanji characters" are displayed using the kanji characters as they are, but when they are displayed in katakana, the above rules are followed.

Message 7 of 8 (1,811 Views)

★★★★ Guide
About Lot name in MT. Komorebi
Sembamachi Area
Nishidake Family and Akiyama Family Lot
Both are written as Sinrinyoku in English version, but the localized lot name in Japanese version is シンリョク(Sinryoku).
Wakaba Area
In the Japanese version, the vacant lot is written as ワカバモリ(Wakabamori),
The rental lot, the empty house lot, and the Ito family lot are written as ワカバノモリ(Wakabanomori).
In the English version, all of them are written as Wakabamori.

As for the Wakaba area, it can be considered that by inserting a "no"(ノ) between "Wakaba"(ワカバ) and "mori"(モリ), it has been localized to a more Japanese-like notation. However, as for the lot name of the Senbamachi area, I don't know which one is correct, but the words have completely different meanings in Japanese and English, and I don't think they refer to the same town.
Shinryuku means new green or sprout.
Sinrinyoku means forest bathing.
The town name Shinrinyoku does not look like a Japanese town name.

Since it became an EA app, it has become troublesome to switch languages, so I don't have a Japanese version of the image to compare.
Message 8 of 8 (932 Views)