by jsophiak

Original Post

[CD] [S] Holiday causes exam dialogue in vet clinic dissappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? EP10: 1.assets.ml-ep10.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two family members working at the vet clinic examining patients
What happens when the bug occurs? I sent my sim and her teen to the family vet clinic teen and mom both started examining patients. After the first patients the pop up that shows the symptoms and treatments disappears. They can still examine and treat but the box does not show on screen.
What do you expect to see? Pop up box with symptoms should be on screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It is harvest fest and that display has disappeared as well.just noticed so unsure of frequency.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (1,007 Views)

Re: Exam dialogue in vet clinic dissappeared

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@apriliseIt wasn't designed for two family members to work at the vet clinic in that way. Make sure that one family member at a time examines patients.

Edit: I almost forgot holidays really screw it up to because the dialog is sometimes hidden behind the holiday thing.

Message 2 of 10 (998 Views)

Hero
@aprilise i tested this and have no issues switching between two Sims.

Could you test if you have the same issue if there's no harvest fest going on and if it's working if you just use the teen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (958 Views)

Hero
@aprilise Did you get a chance to re-test without harvest fest ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (928 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did anyone figure out what is going on? My display just disappeared and it's super annoying.

Message 5 of 10 (770 Views)

Hero
@aussie2liz Are you playing a scenario or are any holidays going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (746 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi - thanks for responding so quickly. It was one of those stinky holidays. It comes back the "next day" after a holiday. I appreciate you being here to help with answers!

Message 7 of 10 (682 Views)

Broken UI with Holidays, Events, and Active Careers

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be a vet doing vet things during a holiday (doesn't matter if it's "has the day off work" or not - I got it first during "season movie premiere").
What happens when the bug occurs? career UI works while examining the first pet but breaks after by leaving incomplete or invisible career UI. If you enter build mode during this, all UI will vanish (sims' pictures bottom left, time/season, sims' panels, top right UI, all of it). You will be forced to exit the game to "fix" this.
What do you expect to see? Functioning UI that doesn't break the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Whatever patches occurred last week. Not sure which one, because I didn't play until the weekend (After both patches).

career UI works while examining the first pet but breaks after by leaving incomplete or invisible career UI. If you enter build mode during this, all UI will vanish (sims' pictures bottom left, time/season, sims' panels, top right UI, all of it). You will be forced to exit the game to "fix" this.

I also had this issue with a birthday that wasn't a goaled event originally (and this was reflected appropriately in the top left corner), but after a sim took a picture with another sim, all UI disappeared. I had to save and exit (see below for my workaround), and when I reopened my game, the birthday was now a goaled event.

Workaround on PC: When UI vanishes or is incorrect, press windows button to exit gamin screen. On the menu bar, right click the game icon and select "close". Reopen gaming screen; you will now see the option to "save and exit", "just exit", or "cancel". Canceling the interaction will not work. Either save and exit or exit (depending on if you want to save up to this point or revert back). Reopen the game if you want to try again.

Message 8 of 10 (682 Views)

Re: Broken UI with Holidays, Events, and Active Careers

★★★★★ Apprentice

Description: Active career, holiday, and event UI are conflicting. When my sim is at their vet office on a holiday (e.g., season movie premiere), the first pet they examine has no problems with the UI. However, the UI window for that exam never goes away and is often left with a faded white box where the UI once was. If I try to go into build/buy and back, all game UI disappears (e.g., the sims' profiles, the time/season, needs panel, and all UI in the upper right (it's as if I went into tab-mode - and, yes, I tried tabbing in and out and that didn't fix it). Related but slightly different: I also had this happen when I had a sim take a picture with another sim at a birthday party - all UI just vanished after taking the photos; The birthday party wasn't supposed to be a goaled event, but when I loaded back into the game after using my workaround (see "any fixes"), it had all the goals for the event as if it was a goaled event.

How often can we expect to find this? 100% - just be a vet doing vet things during a holiday (I don't know about other active careers because I'm not willing to put myself through that much set up and frustration just to test it out)

Any mods? Nope. Checked it in my glitches save (a save where I literally use no mods or cc and make sure not to even have them in the folder when using that save) after it occurred in my regular save a few times.

Any fixes? Not really. You can exit out of the window (e.g., on a PC press the windows button), press on the game icon on the menu bar and press "close", reopen the game window, select "save & quit", then reopen the game and hope for the best (treating one patient at a time before having to repeat this method).

What do I expect to see? Functional UI that doesn't make the game unplayable and force players to continuously save and quit.

Was there a particular patch this started after? Yes, last week's patch. I am unsure if it was the patch prior to Chic Kit and Campers Kit or the one the Friday after those kits as I didn't play in that save until the weekend.

Message 9 of 10 (679 Views)

Re: Broken UI with Holidays, Events, and Active Careers

Hero
@jsophiak I merged your post with another report of the vet dialog breaking. Although OP originally mentioned it being an issue with two vets, it seems connected to the holidays.

For the birthday/camera issue, it's best if you create a separate thread for that.

There's also a thread here for build mode/scenarios issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Build-menu-disappears-sometimes-with-scenarios/m-p...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (627 Views)