by Knotwise13

Original Post

[CD] Dog is excessively scared

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, I got it all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a dog be afraid of electronics. Sorry but I don’t know how to repeat this bug
What happens when the bug occurs? My dog is afraid of everything electronic. Tvs, radios, cafe speakers, tea pots, refrigerators, dish washers, computers, you name it, if it runs on electricity he’s scared stiff.
What do you expect to see? Ignore the electronics or at the very least get scared less often
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My dog is afraid of everything electronic. Tvs, radios, cafe speakers, tea pots, refrigerators, dish washers, computers, you name it, if it runs on electricity he’s scared stiff. I can’t live off the grid for the sake of this sensitive pooch, is there a way to fix this? Why is he scared ALL the time and is there a work around? If this keeps up I may have to get a new dog

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 5 (1,379 Views)

Re: Why is my dog afraid of EVERYTHING???

★★★★ Guide

I had dogs with constant fear of fireplaces... and I had 3 different fireplaces in my house for the mood! But my two dogs are constantly afraid... We should be able to confort them two or three times and then it would be over. Like whats the point, dogs can learn to face their fear...

Message 2 of 5 (1,329 Views)

Re: [CD] Dog is excessively scared

★★★ Guide
@Knotwise13 I think I figured out what may be the problem, I gave my dog a wellness treat and he’s been scared and sad ever since. It has been two sim weeks and I took him to vet for a booster shot and he seems to have improved somewhat as he no longer gets sad as often as a baseline emotion but he’s still afraid of everything electronic and there is no “what’s wrong” button to help him calm down. Frankly it seems excessive to have a dog that’s afraid of literally ALL household appliances without a way to calm him or help him overcome his fears. I mean how the heck is a pet supposed to live in a house if he’s constantly scared by household appliances? It’s obnoxious
Message 3 of 5 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Knotwise13 I want to give more detail, my dog has always been scared of appliances but it was never at this level until after I gave him the wellness treat and the treat seemed to make him sad all the time although it has gotten better after a trip to the vet so maybe that’s the closest thing to a work around that we have for the sad moodlet. His fears are more noticeable than they were before the treat although he has always had them and they have not lessened with time so idk what to do about that. I suspect this all related to the wellness treat bug I have seen mentioned in other places
Message 4 of 5 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Knotwise13 Sorry I keep on posting but I have more ideas. I think maybe it was a combination of things, the wellness treat bug and a excessively scared bug, for now the only work around that I can see is to take the dog to the vet and avoid wellness treats as much as possible to avoid the sad moodlet and to lock up your appliances so the dog can’t see them and therefore can’t be scared. I’ve already locked the kitchen and I’m going to move the washer and dryer to the basement and then all he will have to be scared of is the dining room cafe speaker. If anyone else has anything to add I’d be happy to hear it but I think I just solved my own problem as much as it can be without a bug fix
Message 5 of 5 (1,262 Views)