by Simfan923

Original Post

[OPEN] Tea/coffee Brewer Beep playing during loading screens for no reason

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Wedding Stories
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a Tea Magic tea brewer on a lot with an active household. Exit to map. Load the household with the tea brewer. Should hear beep right before the music at the end of the loading screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? The beep that normally plays when the tea brewer is finished brewing tea is playing when the lot with the tea brewer is loaded. The tea brewer is not currently in use, and is empty. This happens every time the lot is loaded, and stops happening if the tea brewer is removed.
What do you expect to see? I expect to hear nothing from the tea brewer when the lot is loaded, because it's not in use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is so weird and random, but recently every lot with the Tea Magic brewer on it has been causing a beep to play during the loading screen right before the lot is loaded. You can hear it in the clip I attached.

The tea brewer is NOT in use. It is empty. No one is using it. It does this every time, regardless of circumstance, on any lot with a tea brewer, and it stops if the tea brewer is removed. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template, Merged with another thread with 12 me toos.

Message 9 of 38 (8,243 Views)

Weird high pitched noise when game is loading?

★★★★ Apprentice

Anyone else getting this? It's only just started happening with my game after the game and app update. Just before the plumbob loading screen finishes, I get a high pitched noise sound sometimes followed by a crackle noise. 

Message 1 of 38 (8,241 Views)

Re: Weird high pitched noise when game is loading?

Hero
@EmeraldEyles what platform are you playing on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (8,223 Views)

[OPEN] Beeping sound after loading screen/traveling

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I seem to be getting this weird beeping noise maybe once a play session any time I'm playing and it's usually after the loading screen happens or if im traveling but not all the time. I know it was never an issue prior to the Growing Together pack.  

Attached a short video as well in case anyone has any ideas? 

Yes I play with CC/Mods.  

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M4yNDrlNevdlBLYVDXpH_yDF7VFrfwyO/view?usp=sharing

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 38 (8,581 Views)

Re: Beeping sound after loading screen/traveling

@Simfan923  The link just points to a location on your computer, which no one else can access (and we shouldn't either).  So if you want to share the video, please upload it to a free filesharing site (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and link it here.

Also, does the beep come from the game itself, or from your computer's speakers but outside the game (like a Windows alert or similar), or from inside the computer?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 38 (8,555 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It only comes from the game itself. I haven't heard this sound outside of The Sims or any other game/program. 

Message 5 of 38 (8,549 Views)

@Simfan923  Does this sound only happen while you're looking at a loading screen, or does it also happen in the run of play?  It sounds weird to me but not alarming, and if it's only showing up in loading screens, I'd probably just ignore it.

Message 6 of 38 (8,543 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Only when its the loading screen like right when i load into a lot or household. its weird cause it only happens once every time I play but it was still concerning.
Message 7 of 38 (8,528 Views)

@Simfan923  Like I said, if you don't notice anything else amiss, I wouldn't worry about it.  I could speculate as to why this happens, but the game is so full of oddities that it doesn't seem worthwhile.

Message 8 of 38 (8,497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I also experience this same problem, but specifically, I noticed it happens every time my game loads into the Parkside Place lot from San Sequoia (Growing Together). If I load the game for the first time, it does this beep as it loads into the lot. And if I travel with my sims, when I return home to this lot, the beep occurs. The first time I noticed it I was streaming my game on Discord to someone, and they noticed it too. Considering I was streaming the game and not the screen, he would not have heard the beep if it came from outside the game. Plus it is entirely consistent for me, each time I load into Parkside Place, where my sims live.

I came here to see if anyone else was noticing it, but it otherwise isn't largely impacting my gameplay. But it almost sounds like a microwave beep. Been playing this save on this lot for about a week now, it happens every time.

I'm on PC as well.

Edit: And I have no mods/CC.

UPDATE: I did some more digging around, and found a thread from 2014 about a similar issue... it seems to be tied to the coffee pot on my lot! I put the coffee pot in my household inventory and when I traveled and returned to my lot, the beep sound went away. Specifically, it was the Stainless Steel Coffee-Pot.

Message 10 of 38 (8,306 Views)