Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [CD] Pets wont interact

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work expansion pack, Get together expansion pack, City living expansion pack, Cats and dogs expansion pack, Dine out game pack and Perfect patio stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you do have the bug, you can easily notice there are no interactions between pets that do not belong to the same family. No autonomous interactions, and no commend interacions (even though they appear in the menu). Inivite the neighboors pet and make it (the npc pet) go in a plain room with your pet. You would then notice they completely ignore one another.
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets from different families, wont be able to interact at all, even if asked by their owner. The bugs occurs all the time from the start. For example, when a pet is asked to "Be nice to..." (interaction) it will ignore the command if the requested pet is from a different family.
What do you expect to see? You would expect to see a full and autonomous interactions between pets each from different families. You would be able to command your pet to interact with other pets from different families, without them ignore the command
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Im having a situation where no dog or cat or any pet interact with eachother and it feels so unnatural.

So I went along and did some more experiments. I've learned that pets interactions can only happen within family. For example two pets that are in the same family can autonomously interact with each other (though in my opinion I still think it takes a long time until they do), But when I invited a pet from the neighbors, and put it with my dog in a plain room (doors locked), nothing happend. I recorded it as well. They were just ignoring one another for HOURS!. Moreover I've learned that the "Be nice to..." command won't work on a pet that belongs to another family or a stray pet, since they can not interact as I mentioned at the top (from being in different families and not from the same one). The *ONLY* interaction that happend is when I told my pet to mate with another pet, only then I saw an animation and an interaction.

I linked a video showing the bug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAT6rB8BK00&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 11 (9,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [CD] Pets wont interact

Community Manager (retired)

This isn't a bug, we never had a design for this. It's lame, yes, but not broken. I encourage you to post in the Feedback forums Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (8,073 Views)

All Replies

Hero

I'm going to add this to the list cause it does sound off and I've seen similar behavior.

Not calling it a bug yet though. Might be by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (9,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
I too have this, but I quit playing now since the new Dec. patch once again broke a lot of stuff. Also since pets the shadow Ambient Occlusion problem with objects still excists.
Message 3 of 11 (9,109 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I merged a family from two households with two dogs. The dogs never showed any visible reaction to the command Be nice to. They also never mated with each other. Now they're dead.
Message 4 of 11 (9,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have been trying to encourage my dog to mate with other dogs that are from the neighbourhood (not in my household). It seems to never be successful. When I try to tell the dog to "Be nice to.." it acknowledges the command but doesn't go through with it when it is with another pet that isn't in my household. So I can't force the animals to like each other and therefore cannot get them to mate. I can successfully tell my dog to "Be nice to.." and breed with other dogs that are in the same household, but cannot for the life of me get it to happen with other household's dogs. Super annoying.
Message 5 of 11 (9,030 Views)

★ Guide

Same here. I did see my sim's dog interacting with another at least once or twice, or appearing to anyway. But no amount of encouraging her to mate with a stray worked, even  though my sim also made friends with the stray. Might try adopting it next time I play that family. 

Message 6 of 11 (9,005 Views)

★ Novice
I've noticed this too. I agree, it doesn't seem natural at all. Wasn't sure if it was a bug or if this is just how the devs intended it to be.
Message 7 of 11 (8,885 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This isn't a bug, we never had a design for this. It's lame, yes, but not broken. I encourage you to post in the Feedback forums Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 11 (8,074 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok, but within one family the pets should interact, right? I got the expansion, installed it (have no mods) and my animals just stand there like furniture, they didn't interact with each other even once and it's been weeks
Message 9 of 11 (7,542 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [CD] Pets wont interact

★★★★★ Guide

According to modder LittleMsSam there are pet to pet interactions coded into the game, but it is set to non autonomous so they will never happen. If you ask a pet to be nice to another pet that it does not know, nothing happens as well. She changes this in the mod called Pet to Pet Greeting/Be Nice Fix if you are interested.

Message 10 of 11 (7,499 Views)