Re: Dine Out seating issue..

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Dine out chefs will not cook?

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 100 of 287 (2,806 Views)

Re: Dine Out - Food Never Comes

Hero

I'll check it out tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 101 of 287 (2,853 Views)

Re: Dine Out-related, Unsatisfied Chefs

★ Guide

Perhaps you were right. It was a new days when I tested again, so I re-entered the game, and also left the restaurant to go to my home lot. One of the three fixed my chefs moods, they're Neutral now. Standard smile

Message 102 of 287 (2,815 Views)

★ Guide

I uploaded the winery where nobody is ever seated indoors, if anyone would like to test.

The Herveaux Winery, ID: ju1ka

Message 103 of 287 (2,824 Views)

Re: Dine Out-related, Unsatisfied Chefs

Hero

I always get a message when they get tired though.

I don't know yet what the influence is if you open/close to fast. Maybe they get unsatisfied when they get tired

I had that one time in retail when one of my employees was really unsatisfied. He desperately had to pee but the toilet was constantly occupied by the customers. I think it had an influence on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 104 of 287 (2,810 Views)

Hero

I'll check tomorrow and new thread for poodles 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 105 of 287 (2,821 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'm interested in this issue and will take a look at the build @ju1ka@crinrict poodles?  No dogs allowed in restaurants, don't you know.Large smile

Edit:  So I had a chance to test, and there is definitely a mystery here.  I placed your build on 3 separate lots, MOO on and MOO off @ju1ka.  Before getting into the heart of the matter, I did notice a couple things I thought I'd give you a heads-up on: 1) the front door to the restaurant was removed when I placed the lot.  I think it's due to the two trellises you placed on either side of it.  With MOO off, the game would not let me place a door in that position unless I deleted them.  2) the host/hostess was attired in swim wear.  This gave me quite a few chuckles to be honest, but I'm not sure if it's what you intended.  Maybe it's because I'm missing an outfit from a pack that you have but I don't?

Moving on to the seating, every time I tested it, when my sim showed up to your restaurant, sims would already be present and seated outside.  My sim was usually seated upstairs (2 out of 3 times) but was seated outside once.  A few other sims were seated upstairs, but the majority were indeed seated outside and none were ever seated on the first floor.  I tried removing the second floor and stairs to see if that would change the behavior, but it didn't - all sims were then seated outside.  I tried deleting all of the décor objects in the outdoor area, just in case something out there might be somehow advertising it as the priority area, but that didn't change the behavior either.

I decided to look at some other restaurants that have a roughly similar design.  I placed Updated 1950s Diner by lilsimsie and Le Grand Lama by Fezet.  Neither have a second floor, but I don't think that matters given that your restaurant still had the behavior when its second floor was removed.  Both restaurants have indoor and outdoor dining and neither are on a foundation, like yours.  However, the behavior was the exact opposite of your restaurant.  I never had a sim get seated outdoors with either of them.

I think this is a case where the devs may need to take a look at your particular build by downloading it from the gallery themselves and/or by taking a look at your save.  I am out of ideas as to what else I can test.  The behavior you're experiencing does not seem like it's the norm though, that's for sure.

Message 106 of 287 (2,816 Views)

Hero

My English is failing me today.

So: Für die Pfützen bitte ein neues Thema eröffnen.

There!

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 107 of 287 (2,814 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Aw, I think Pfützen might just be the cutest German word I have ever seen.Standard smile  I edited my post above with my testing results.

Message 108 of 287 (2,803 Views)

Re: Bug, Dine Out-Waiters Reset

★★★★★ Guide

Let me ask you before I upload anything, how did you test this? did you let the game run the restaurant or did you buy it and run it for yourself ? because its where the problems comes in... sims don't stay in their seats, waiter doping orders out of que, customers get food, but idles looking at the menu like they still waiting for their order to be placed. and add to the wtf, why is it so many tragic clowns coming to my restaurant..? 3 out of 5 tragic clowns orders nothing, then start doping my stars rating by setting at the tables complaining that the wait time is to long ?

I get 5 clowns to every 3 normal sims is that normal?

okay let em stop my rant... did you test the restaurant and running it for a few hours ? 

Message 109 of 287 (2,828 Views)