Re: Ask to leave option is missing again

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVE] Unwanted guests/no ask to leave (Non Kava Party)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020 I think. It's up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Throw a social event and wait for the party to be over. Sims will not leave and stay all night.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will not leave and stay all night. The ask to leave option is missing. I cannot find in amongst any of the possible interactions. Resetting does not work. And going to community lot does not work. I come back and they are still there.
What do you expect to see? Sims should automatically leave after the party is over. They should not stay unless invited to (i.e. asking to stay the night)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I honestly cannot tell you if it has occurred after a specific patch. It's been happening in my game since strangerville but not as often. One sim would stay and I'm like whatever. They're not inhibiting my sims from doing what they need to do. And it was happening less frequently. Now it's happening almost all the time and every. Single. Sim. Stays. So when my sims have to get up the next morning it's complete chaos. I've tried all of the above and repairing my game with no luck.

Message 1 of 86 (5,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
With the new send home interaction and the fix for the yard sales, I'm going to archive this thread.

If it's still really bothersome and the send home interaction doesn't help with the issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 86 of 86 (4,552 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@TheSpaark Is this in Sulani or generally ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 86 (5,522 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict In my game it's way worse in Sulani, but I do see it in other worlds too, though much less often. Generally it's just one or two Sims that stay, never all of them. Sometimes "Ask to Leave" shows up, othertimes it's not there at all, or it will be greyed out saying "This Sim is already Leaving" although they are not actually endeavoring to. Usually the stragglers will finally leave after a day or two.

A possible trigger I've seen (but could also just be coincidence) is having a toddler with low needs on the lot. I need to observe this more to know for sure, but in one household I would see guests stay behind trying to interact with the toddler but then never leave for days after.
Message 3 of 86 (5,512 Views)

Hero
@ShinoTypeError Does it matter what party type you hold ?

I mean it's a known issue for Sulani and it's very possible that it's also an issue for other worlds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 86 (5,508 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict No not really, I've seen it happen with any party type that I've had recently (mainly birthday, house, spooky, and wedding).
Message 5 of 86 (5,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I had a household previously with island living installed that it happened it. Normally it was just one sim that would stay before island living but in this particular household 4 or 5 sims stayed. They were living in Newcrest with no ask to leave option. Every time I throw a party in Sulani every single sim stays and does not leave. Like ever. Even if my sims go to work and school. I also do not have any toddlers in this household. All of their needs are well taken care of. They all just had to pee at the exact same time for some reason.

I would also like to point out how these sims that stay don't just stay. They shower and cook and sleep in my sims beds like they are part of my household. It's so aggravating. Like it so got worse with island living.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 6 of 86 (5,485 Views)

Guests won't leave after a social event

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hold a social event.
What happens when the bug occurs? You now live with all your guests. They will not leave. This is not a horror movie, this is real Sim life.
What do you expect to see? Silence and an empty household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This has been happening for over a year. I hold an event in my home, and no one will leave. They eat my food, they sleep in my bed, they use my shower. The only fix I can find is to move. 

Message 7 of 86 (5,437 Views)

Hero
@TheSpaark Did you test if you can get rid of them by traveling to another lot with them ?

That works well for the Sulani issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 86 (5,444 Views)

Re: Guests won't leave after a social event

Hero
@melaniemrms Is this for Sulani or another world ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 86 (5,419 Views)

Hero
@TheSpaark Leaving this as separate issue.

For anyone seeing this for Sulani, please use this thread instead: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-IL-Unwanted-House-Guests/td-p/7964118/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 86 (5,399 Views)