Why did you add woman to battlefield 5

by BenDaHunter

Original Post

Why did you add woman to battlefield 5

★★★ Newbie
Why did you put woman in the game even tho they were not in ww2?
Message 1 of 30 (9,307 Views)

Re: Why did you add woman to battlefield 5

★★★★ Novice

There were some, although definitely not a lot. Probably they add an option of playing as woman to allow you to have more customization options. It's better then force me playing as woman each time I choose Scout class (as it was in Bf1).

Message 2 of 30 (9,280 Views)

@BenDaHunter wrote:
Why did you put woman in the game even tho they were not in ww2?

Not common, but they were there.

WorldWarIIWomen12-40d6dc6289d01f3325adda1f818bbaa7.jpg

I think this is a good thing in Battlefield V, as it allows more stories to be told.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 30 (9,273 Views)

Ask any russian about the Night Witches air squadron, their women snipers or tankers (yes they've fought in tanks in various roles, not only as drivers, but gunners, tank commanders and so on).

Also, check the Resistance movements all over Europe. 

Intelligence Service and SOE, OSS and the canadians trained at Camp X sent women agents in the occupied Europe to carry sabotage acts and even fight if necessary. 

So while, uncommon in the Western Europe (exception being the French Resistance), women on the Eastern Front weren't a rare sight. 

The woman depicted in the trailer seems to be a resistance fighter (or maybe an agent) and not a regular soldier. So, i see nothing wrong with that. 

Plus...not every game needs to be historically accurate. Sometimes we can have fun without that. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 30 (9,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Just leaving a few names here and can only recommend looking them up. Fascinating and heroic lives, all of them.

Aleksandra Samusenko

Gertrude Boyarski

Hannie Schaft

Lydia Litvyak

Lyudmila Pavlichenko

Mariya Oktyabrskaya

Nadezhda Popova

Nancy Wake

Simone Segouin

Susan Travers

Violette Szabo

Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 5 of 30 (9,250 Views)

★★★ Expert

@BenDaHunter perhaps because the gaming community is not a strictly male community? Where in the past your typical gamer would be the stereotype male between age 18-30, gaming nowadays is mainstream and there's plenty of female gamers around these days, as well that it's of all ages and ethnicities. Maybe they would like to have the option to customize the character they play with to something they can identify themselves with?

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 30 (9,241 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EA_Spectre just a few. From so many. Many which did not survived the war. 

To everyone else:

When i hear that isn't historically accurate, i think at how historically accurate is seeing a fragton of people using prototype weapons, that were made in only a few copies. Or a score of peeps looking identical. Or how you could jump with a horse over buildings or survive to a burst in the head. And reaching the realism portion of the game, real people do not regenerate overtime, nor heal instantly. 

For me, the whole thing is a non-issue. No one commented about women being added in CoD or other modern shooters. But for BF, i see a lynching mob forming for all the wrong reasons. 

If you want realism, i can point you towards the original Operation Flashpoint and ArmA 3. You will probably hate them as they are not as forgiving as CoD or BF. Otherwise, look at the list of interesting things that BF V brings. You can find it, if you look hard.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 7 of 30 (9,234 Views)

@RanzigeRidder2 wrote:

@BenDaHunter ...Maybe they would like to have the option to customize the character they play with to something they can identify themselves with?

I find people do one of two things.

Yes, there are the 'self-insertion' players who enjoy playing a character that in gender or even looks resembles them (or a heroic video game version of them).

There are also the Role Players who particularly enjoy playing as a character who is not them, may be very specific to the game setting and may be a different gender.

I will often play as a female character (while male in real life) because I enjoy the role play and that such a character is definitely not 'me'. It adds a layer to the story.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 8 of 30 (9,224 Views)

Hero

@ivrognard wrote:

When i hear that isn't historically accurate, i think at how historically accurate is seeing a fragton of people using prototype weapons, that were made in only a few copies. Or a score of peeps looking identical. Or how you could jump with a horse over buildings or survive to a burst in the head. And reaching the realism portion of the game, real people do not regenerate overtime, nor heal instantly. 

This twitter thread had me in tears.

https://twitter.com/DaveMilbo/status/999426392239390721

"My grandad fought, died, and respawned in World War II. He was awarded a commendation for 1000 machine gun kills, and once singlehandedly held point C against two tanks. He left behind a SICK glacier camo skin and a fully levelled-up sniper scope."

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 9 of 30 (9,134 Views)

★★ Pro

First thing, there were women in WW2

second thing, this is a video game, not a history class, people in ww1 don't have that many machine guns, it was very rare (just like women in WW2), and tanks don't drive that fast, but most people won't like BF1 without the machine guns and tanks that go 1kmh, the same here, I am making my own soliders, I know that I want at least my Assault one to be a female, I don't care if there was women destroying tanks in WW2, but I do want in my game, customization is one of that things I wait the most about BFV, and it won't be fun with just one gender

Message 10 of 30 (9,092 Views)