What is the Alternative to Battlefield?

by Battlefield3_95

Original Post

Re: What is the Alternative to Battlefield?

★★★★★ Guide
@BaronVonGoon Visually yes, undeniable it is prettier. That was not the statement however, I believe you said it was a “prettier BF4”. I disagree however, I think it looked good for what it is, and while it doesn’t look the best now, it’s held up decently alright I would say. But BF2042 still looks better.
Message 21 of 37 (1,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@gruntbrews_vicv  Yes, I just meant that it's a return to the modern setting and newer frostbite so all the maps are bound to look better. It remains to be seen if the maps are designed better

I doubt BF2042 will ever come close to being as good a game as BF4. I truly hope it does though.

BF4 is by far my favourite game of all time. It's actually the game that got me into gaming, I didnt even have a console before BF4.

Message 22 of 37 (1,037 Views)

★★ Pro

@BaronVonGoon wrote:

Man I remember this guy from the old forums. We actually squaded up a few times. All he does is complain and hate on this franchise. He has many threads hating on BF1 when it released, then BFV, and now BF2042. Not a clue how he still has the patience to follow a franchise that's so abhorrent to him. 

I recommend you try reddit's sub r/gamingrecommendations. They have a dedicated community who answer questions like yours. I'm certain they will find a game for you that you'll like in no time. THIS forum is for those of who enjoy Battlefield.  

I'm pretty sure this is the guy you are talking about:
BFF Meme.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZygMsJ4wXCI

But either way, there are a lot of "this guy" these days.

Message 23 of 37 (1,023 Views)

★★ Pro
@trip1ex ah, they have release those stats?! That is crazy.

I guess it goes to show that some people pre-order with their hearts and hopes instead of actually reading up on official sources and having open minds.
Message 24 of 37 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@larry_54235 wrote:
@CyberDymeSo basically you want a prettier version of BF4. Is that what you are saying?

Essentially it is @larry_54235 !

But when having it in public domain and crowd sourcing for the coding/server hosting and gaming, then we would of course weed out the remaining bugs, we would enable that you can setup and host your own server to contribute to the global network.  The community could collaborate on setting verified lists of solid admins, we could have similar on verified cheaters/hacks and these settings could be shared in the open with all of similar mindset.  The latency/region/country locks would be up to the individual server owner/admin team to decide on, the selection of maps/weapons/vehicles on each map was again per server design as you wanted it to be/  Heck, we could even enable any specific game modz that some wanted in the community.  And we could add any game map and mode from any prior BF game version as we liked!

Much along the same principle as you may know how minecraft developed, and how you today have tens of thousands of minecraft servers running worldwide, sharing a server browser but the servers run by individuals/groups as they like them to be.  and many companies even offering to host your server for you and keeping it up 24/7.

This to me would be the absolute ideal environment for the true Battlefield sandbox experience!

Message 25 of 37 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@DrunkwoIf Im with you on that
Message 26 of 37 (981 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@TrasteTh wrote:

@BaronVonGoon wrote:

Man I remember this guy from the old forums. We actually squaded up a few times. All he does is complain and hate on this franchise. He has many threads hating on BF1 when it released, then BFV, and now BF2042. Not a clue how he still has the patience to follow a franchise that's so abhorrent to him. 

I recommend you try reddit's sub r/gamingrecommendations. They have a dedicated community who answer questions like yours. I'm certain they will find a game for you that you'll like in no time. THIS forum is for those of who enjoy Battlefield.  

I'm pretty sure this is the guy you are talking about:
BFF Meme.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZygMsJ4wXCI

But either way, there are a lot of "this guy" these days.

I complain because I really love the franchise. It is pretty much the only multiplayer that I play, and I bought a PS5 just for Battlefield.

The complains are coming from a place of love..

If you caught a teenager smoking, you might advise him and lightly scold him. If it were your own son, your reaction would be completely different.

That is the difference between those who are heavily complaining -- out of love for BF -- and those who are indifferent. The indifferent ones will just move on if BF fails.

Message 27 of 37 (944 Views)

★ Guide

Some of the better shooters need to be ported over from PC.  Dice has no competition for Battlefield.....and it shows.  

Message 28 of 37 (935 Views)

★★ Novice

I would not get a playstation 5 just for 2042, for me, that is quite funny in its own state.  Also people loving BF4, even after all the problems in the beginnings, yea, maybe before you get the game you want in 2042, you need to wait a few months. I know someone who hasn't pre-ordered, he is like, you never pre-order, need a lot of the kinks sorted out.  They said the beta was a play test version that was a few months old, spotting worked, kind of, hell, you couldn't even open the map, you really think the game is going to fully release without having "important" battlefield traits?  I think you just need to either wait, or just get it, stick with all the trouble in the beginning, and help with feedback, so they can make it into the game you desire.  I am running it on an 8 year old cpu, and 4 year old gpu, I have trouble, I pre-ordered, I don't care, I had trouble in the beta, but I also had fun, and I know with the release, it will turn into something great, hopeful.

Message 29 of 37 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Don't be put off too quick my friend.  I think there is a lot more teamwork potential than the old classes and something different to the table. Does the Portal mode seem like a viable alternative?

I've been playing shooters for almost 30 years and at the end of the day, games fall into two categories for enjoyment -  (A) you play it because your friends are on it and this makes it a total blast or Beer you genuinely enjoy the style and gameplay or it's new (as new games have a huge population to start off with which always has hilarious moments). While listening to different points of view is always good, just do you... 

Message 30 of 37 (818 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help