Is it possible to add BF1942 to Origin?

by JuddV10

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is it possible to add BF1942 to Origin?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello

I have the cd, is it possible to add it in origin?

Support was able to add 2 and 2142 the other day

But every time I try support again, I end up with someone useless and rude

Message 1 of 6 (1,439 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is it possible to add BF1942 to Origin?

Community Manager
Hey @JuddV10,

It seems like, due to the age of the game and the code probably, Origin is unable to recognize the copy of the game and therefore you're not able to add the game to your Origin library yourself. Origin didn't exist yet when this game officially released.

I am not sure if you're able to get the game added to your Origin library if you contact support and provide the corrected details, simply because of the age of the game. However, live support should be able to give you the up-to-date information regarding this, because we also can't help with account related queries here via the forums I'm afraid.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,206 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @JuddV10,

It seems like, due to the age of the game and the code probably, Origin is unable to recognize the copy of the game and therefore you're not able to add the game to your Origin library yourself. Origin didn't exist yet when this game officially released.

I am not sure if you're able to get the game added to your Origin library if you contact support and provide the corrected details, simply because of the age of the game. However, live support should be able to give you the up-to-date information regarding this, because we also can't help with account related queries here via the forums I'm afraid.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 6 (1,207 Views)

★ Guide

it happened the same to me, support is a hit or miss, sometimes you'll get an awesome agent but other you will get someone who doesn't care at all about us costumers

Message 3 of 6 (1,192 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @shaggytoph, I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience. When you case has been handled, you also should receive a feedback request via email after some time. I highly recommend providing any feedback that you might have regarding the support experience that you had.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 6 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@JuddV10 No possible
Message 5 of 6 (1,013 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
It should be possible depending on which edition you own, try the key not only on Origin but from the EA Account settings site as well, sometimes that has higher chance of working and as far as support goes all I can recommend is just making new requests til someone helpful gets assigned, it's a pain sometimes.
Message 6 of 6 (980 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help