I know WHY I can't get into Battlefield 4.

by ShrikeB

Original Post

I know WHY I can't get into Battlefield 4.

★★ Novice

It's the Time-To-Kill and the respawn times.

Battlefield 4 plays a bit like its predecessor, but something feels... off. And that something is the TTK and Respawn times. Battlefield 3 and 1 had fair takes on this subject: You do end up playing against really good and skilled players, but whenever you die, it feels like your fault. And if you perish in combat, you know it's because your reflexes weren't up to snuff. But in BF4, combat is far more sweatier and toxic [for me], as the time-to-kill has been increased dramatically from Battlefield 3. This means that every weapon is potentially OP, and the lack of hit indicators when you get killed quickly adds to the frustration. Enemies can gun you down in a microsecond because the TTK is so fast that it's not even funny. Combine this with the fact that the game slows the respawn time down to focus on the enemy after killing you and you have the ultimate recipe for noob rage.

Look, if you're a fan, enjoy yourself. Personally, I'll stick with Bad Company 2, 3 and 1.

Message 1 of 5 (963 Views)

Re: I know WHY I can't get into Battlefield 4.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I too will stick with BF3, BC2 and BF1. Its sad to see BF3 and BC2 nearly dead.  Like you, the TTK in BF4 pretty much ruined the game for me. Its a shame too because BF4 has a great variety of maps. Aside from BF5, BF4 is my least favorite BF. I figured 2042 would be a loser and never wasted my money on it. 

Message 2 of 5 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, 3 is doing very well.

Message 3 of 5 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I see it's still alive over in Europe but U.S. PC servers are pretty much dead.  There are a couple that get going but don't usually fill up. Some servers are spoofing their player count so don't let those fool you. I'm on the west coast so servers in Germany aren't really an option unless I don't mind 180-200 ping.  

Message 4 of 5 (822 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually, I'm pretty sure there's US servers still doing well, I.E. Beer and Rush.

Message 5 of 5 (781 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help