Re: Future direction in game gesign/return to roots needed?

by TrunkzJr

Original Post

Future direction in game gesign/return to roots needed?

★★★ Newbie

Devs plz dont just read the title and skip, i understand that i am obviously not in the development sphere and simply want to make some strong suggestions about what future battlefield games need from a long time fan. I apologise for any misspelled words, typing this from phone.

1- the game needs progression systems in place. Looking at bf4 and the world war games they helped retain players becaus as long as people have things to strive for they will keep playing. Also a class prestiege system for skins would help promote long term play.

2-stop looking at COD games and their direction. If people want to play cod they will just go play COD. You need to return to roots like bf4 and bf3. Why they were so good is because they were different from COD, by being a more realistic game that has bullet drop and vehicle game play. The recent copying of COD is very bad because it makes BF lack personality and you cant out COD with a COD copycat.

3- C4 launching and other previouly gameplay enhancing bugs should be brought back. Nothing brings more fun to a bf than being able to mess around with friends and send vehicles to places they most definately were not supposed to be. Also make sure c4 is actually powerful feeling, c5 has felt very weak. 

4-return to modern day setting. The world war titles were ok but me and many others felt like it was missing the BF game soul. It felt that the game got dragged into the time period kinda because it did due to again, cod influence. 2042 with the very cod copy paste to the run and super sprint, lack of meaningful progression vehicles that did not feel good to pilot (may want to look towards games like world of tanks and war thunder to give pc players and console players a better vehicle experience due to better controls). 

5-MAPS bf4 was loved for many of the maps veing well designed. There was a thread I saw earlier about favorite bf and maps were a consensus about what made the game so great. Bring back maps that had objective changing destruction like destroying the dam, tearing down the tower that had b point on top of it, making new corridors to fight through with c4 in the ice locker map [cant fully remember name because it has been a while but several of the best maps could be brough into bf5 and analysis about what made those maps so well can be done and more maps that have similar good elements can be made. Maps make or break a battlefield. Also make sure to very maps between rual and urban enviroments. Some players will perfer one over the other so having a little for everyone is important.

6-bung the older class sysyem back of assult, support, recon(sniper), engineer. The interlaced gameplay helped bring people together that were on the same team. Also make the commander role more acessible to the people who want to play chess and have a seperate que for them so it isnt a fight for people to get it.

7-keep it grounded. NO GUN INACCURACY LIKE 2042 BLOOM. This may sound the opposite of my c4 launch thing but it isnt. Do not have abilities, have tools. 2042 has abilities for each person which is fine but it simply doesnt feel battlefield. This does not mean similar things could be adapted like engineers making a zipline or alternative ways for players to get to roofs of buildings. Often the best times players have is when it is complete chaos breaking out. Keeping it grounded and without abilities makes this easier to have through good map design will account for how players will enjoy it. 

8-last thing with air vehicle combat. Try adding a landing strip a good distance from the fight where players can land to fix the plane and get reloaded this would make air sorties be limited with how impactful they are plus it adds more realism for planes and helicopters. Also have that area defended with anti air missiles and such to stop enemies from spwn/repair killing. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,104 Views)

Re: Future direction in game gesign/return to roots needed?

★★★★★ Guide
I don’t think they will see the title and skip they’ll see the giant post with no spaces or breaks then leave. Gotta edit that so it’s better visually on the eyes.
Message 2 of 2 (741 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help