Battlefield Briefing: What We Learned From The Open Beta

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: What We Learned From The Open Beta

★★★★★ Guide
@CrippeLz no this is not the solution to the problem if you want to play with your friends on other platforms..
Message 211 of 216 (4,902 Views)

★★★★ Pro

With Battlefield 2042 launching in just under 2 Weeks, I think it's time DICE/EA announce the Official Server Regions for all 3 of the 'experiences'(All-out Warfare, Hazard Zone and Portal) in Battlefield 2042. We need to know with clarity!

I just saw some information on r/Battlefield2042 saying that certain regions won't be able to host Portal servers. These excluded regions included Africa.

I played the beta for over 20 hours, matchmaking put me in full 64vs64 South Africa servers with good latency half the time, except for when it put me on 400 ping servers.

My point being, if it's true that I'll only be able to play 1 or 2 of the experiences with playable latency then I shouldn't be paying full price for this game.

Playing with high latency from the African continent is not playable and voids EA's Positive Play Charter.

Considering the game is multiplayer only, the possibility of not having proper servers would be a travesty. DICE/EA must clear up this grey area! Dataminers, Leakers and Content Creators should not be our primary source of information regarding Battlefield 2042!

Message 212 of 216 (4,896 Views)

★★★ Novice
@CrippeLz Keyboard and mouse should be enabled ONLY on crossplay servers so console players can play with their pc player friends on the same conditions.
If you are afraid of KBM you just turn off crossplay in settings, and then you will match only console players with controller. Problem solved Wink
Message 213 of 216 (4,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can't wait this coming Friday.

Message 214 of 216 (4,794 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Rather that than aimbots for console users.

@HerrMorbid wrote:
@Straatford87On servers where crossplay is enabled between pc and console players, please give us mouse and keyborad support on PS5/XSX.

Message 215 of 216 (4,788 Views)

★★ Novice

Caspian Border...this effect below needs to go.

https://youtu.be/OXbDREyxLyQ

Are some of the changes held back for the 19th?

Button mapping does not seem to work at all (PS5)

Still Struggle to see enemies...people with impaired vision will probably need to give the game a hard pass.

Message 216 of 216 (4,699 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help