Battlefield Briefing: The Journey to Season One

by Straatford87

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Briefing: The Journey to Season One

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

This game will live or die by having infantry maps. VOIP and scoreboard are nice to haves, infantry based maps are essential.

Message 41 of 106 (1,971 Views)

★★ Pro

@SgtHL wrote:

This pretty much says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP1xpOtFuSQ 

Someone please show this guy how to swap scopes and tap fire distant targets!

Message 42 of 106 (1,859 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@ATFGunr wrote:
EA, have you considered micro-updates? Say you get 20 smaller simpler bugs sorted. Why not release it? Couple of weeks later, 10 more things sorted, put it out. Update 3.1a, b, etc. Some of hese things don’t seem like such a long chore, you don’t need to just wait and try and put out the “perfect” patch, just do some small ones in between. If (when lol) one of those messes something else up, you’ll have a smaller sampling of things that might have caused it. It would also bring some much needed relief to those of crazy enough to still be trying to play this game. Micro-updates.

This! When the game released it was in a bad state, but I saw EA/DICE posting daily tweets about recognizing issues with the game, and pushing almost instant small updates and balance patches. Like for example disabling the proximity sensor as it caused performance issues and then fixing those quickly. This really gave me hope for the future of the game and its "live service".

And all of a sudden this stopped. The company went on holiday. And it feels like they never came back. Rare communication from the teams, promises for open discussions, promises for updates and changes. But in reality I don't see the game progressed much since mid december.

I can't speak for the whole community, but I feel disappointed and sad because EA/DICE is not talking to us. I am angry not because I "wasted" money on an unfinished game, but because I know EA/DICE are capable of making a great game, but for some reason they don't want to and they don't want to share why. And I feel helpless. We're not going to like every update you push, but that's what feedback means. You push an update, the community reacts.

Message 43 of 106 (1,839 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Some thing im very disappointed about, is the fact that u guys really downgrade ur drive quality of the vehicle most important cars and tank it doesn’t feels like a 2022 game.

its so sad that i had so much expectations for this one because im waiting for a modern bf since bf1. U guys have to improve so much things about movement in general. This games feels like a copy of Cod Warzon like damnnn this doesn’t feels like Battlefieldd!!  Explosions are missing, inmersion missing like yo guys play bf4 before doing this game because thats the type of inmersin we want but with a new graphics motor like this one.      One example WHEN YOU SHOOT THE TANK THAT EXPLOSION AND SOUND FEELS SO CRINGE.  The tank shooting on bf4 was the best thing i ever feeled. Its clear u guys have more to improve but listen to ur comunity its the only way that cam revive bf 2041.

Message 44 of 106 (1,817 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Good afternoon.
Some things that make me frustrated.
 - Whenever I attack a land vehicle with the recoiless, everyone is waiting to see the energy bar at the end
to give it the last shot to win the death count, it's not correct,
the death should be counted for whoever gave more damage and not for whoever took the last shot,
I get to hit 3 recoiless and the 4 is from another player who ends up with the kill, it's not fair.
The same goes with the infantry, I get to do 90% of the damage and I don't get the kill, do like in BF5 for example, "Count as kill". - The nightbird is excessively deadly, the flares shouldn't be infinite, they should either take much longer to recharge
or they would have to go through a place where they could charge.
Fixed anti-aircraft guns are mandatory.
I get to launch 4 guided missiles in a row, all of them deflected by the flares, I run out of missiles, but the nightbird never runs out of flares.
In relation to larger helicopters, a recoiless launched at close range should immediately destroy the heli and that does not happen.
Message 45 of 106 (1,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

"For team play, you can expect us to incorporate a clearer, tighter squad loop, a refined ping system, and an improved reward loop for when you and your squad play the objective. Gunplay will continue to receive feedback-based improvements too"

- "Squad loop"? What does it means?
- You will still forcing us to play on squads with annoying lonewolves campers without anything we can do about it?
- We will be able to CREATE and CONTROL squads or no?
- Squads will be for 5 members so we could have the chance to play with friends or will still just 4 leaving some friends out?

Who cares about some ridiculous skins when the game is barely playable on maps for 128... FPS are terrible, lag and empty servers are boring, and the never ending bugs are annoying.

"We have heard you"
  you said... I really don't think so...

Message 46 of 106 (1,785 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CPU_UK So you want a COD game not a combines arms game ..

I dont want infantry only maps .. I want maps that can have like infantry heavy areas like few capture point etc.. like a big map with a big bunker like facility where vehicles cant get in etc.. and an exterior or surounding that still support combines arms .. I dont want Metro meat grinders or COD maps
Message 47 of 106 (1,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Straatford87We need better team structures we need lobby where we can invite 15 players to form a platoon of 4 squads of 4 .. We need squad leader Frago objectives , extra points around frago and SL we need platoon leaders chanels and broadcast and we need a commander with VOIP and proximity VOIP ..

Here some exemples of MAG structure wich is the best ive ever seen even better than planetside 2 ..

https://youtu.be/r1LqVjk4XAI

https://youtu.be/r1LqVjk4XAI

https://youtu.be/cK7d7Bedbvc

https://youtu.be/cK7d7Bedbvc

https://youtu.be/I1ZIlzwwZPE
https://youtu.be/I1ZIlzwwZPE

MAG Developer Tips: OIC http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/26/mag-developer-tips-oic/
Message 48 of 106 (1,766 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Stew360We have precisely zero infantry maps, so I don't see how you can make the assumption that I want a CoD environment. But that is not what I was saying anyway- BF should have large areas where no vehicle can effectively go. As it stands, even a top a skyscraper we have tanks.

Combined arms yes (including sea), but all we have at the moment are vehicle maps.

Message 49 of 106 (1,741 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would like a refund and will buy the game again if it becomes what was promised at the beginning. If not that will be my last EA purchase and I'm sure many many others feel the same way. For example what if you bought a car that hardly ran, broken down constantly, and over all was just crap to drive.....would you keep it? Would you ever buy that car again? no, and you would tell others never to buy that brand of car. Good luck with your future in the gaming industry.

Message 50 of 106 (1,725 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help