"We are investigating an unwarranted PunkBuster Ban"

by BBoesch26

Original Post

Re: Renamed for all caps

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Please create a post on the Battlelog forums about this topic. The DICE developers are more likely to see it on there, and then they'll probably address it on the next update.

Battlefield 4 Battlelog forums: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/

If this becomes a major problem, please contact an Electronic Arts Battlefield 4 technical support agent here: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=battlefield-4

1) Pick the device you need help with.
2) Select the topic your problem falls under, and provide some more information on the issue.
3) Select 'Live Chat' or 'Call Me' depending on what is available, and what you would prefer.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

- Apollo v7 | Did I help you out? Reward me with XP! If I solved your question please hit "Accept as Solution".

Message 10 of 61 (6,085 Views)

"We are investigating an unwarranted PunkBuster Ban"

★★★★★ Newbie

Okay, so I got the error stating  "WE ARE INVESTIGATING A RECENT UNWARRANTED PUNKBUSTER BAN. WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE." I understand that PunkBuster has problems but this is absolutely ridiculous, I just bought the game a few hours ago and I was in the process of buying premium when I timed out from a server, when I was done buying it, I went onto battlelog to relog onto the server and the banner on the top of the screen said  " WE ARE INVESTIGATING A RECENT UNWARRANTED PUNKBUSTER BAN. WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE." I am a Battlefield Veteran and I don't mod, hack, cheat, or glitch, I am scratching my head right now wondering "Is PunkBuster THAT BROKEN?" Please help.

Message 11 of 61 (13,728 Views)

Re: "We are investigating an unwarranted PunkBuster Ban"

Hero (Retired)

Please refer to this thread as it will be updated when new news comes out on this

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Banned-from-Punkbuster-Read-here/td-p/3002270

Message 12 of 61 (13,410 Views)

We are investigating a recent unwarranted PunkBuster ban.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

What does this mean ?

That the account is close to get a ban (under investigating) ?

Or that there is a problem with punkbuster and Dice try to fix it. And only want me to say that it can happen that i get a false positve ?

(I dont use any hack.... so i guess its the second one, and when not i have nothing to fear, i guess. Or whats going on here ?)

Message 13 of 61 (1,866 Views)

Re: We are investigating a recent unwarranted PunkBuster ban.

Hero (Retired)

All updates will be posted here http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Banned-from-Punkbuster-Read-here/m-p/3002270

Its not 100% known what is going on at the moment with this.

Message 14 of 61 (1,850 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hope this is fixed VERY soon. Not happy.

Message 15 of 61 (1,846 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

You dont anser my question. If it is A or B

A) The message means the account is close to get a ban ?

or

B) The message means that there is a well known problem with punkbuster and Dice try to fix it.

Ive played BF4 over my brother account and there i see today this message. Now i logged into my account and see in BF3 that the same message is there.

So maybe

A) My PC triggers something that Punkbuster thinks that i use hacks and affect both accounts ive played with ?

B) EA has a problem at the moment with false positives. (I see a lot of threads about it at the moment)

Message 16 of 61 (1,833 Views)

★★★ Novice

horse  do do if you ask me i hate cheaters like the devil himself. just got bf4 prem andi get the ban thing fraking bs man just bs

Message 17 of 61 (1,805 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I do not work for EA, I have no knowledge of this other than what I've read that's publicly available.

EvenBalance makes PunkBuster.  It is not controlled by EA.  That is what makes this a bit tricky.

The message is showing on everyone's account in battlelog.

I noticed it about 6 hours ago, my favorite server has "Banned ____ for 81568" about 6 times a minute where I usually only see several bans during a full match on the same server.

I've been playing most of the night and not had a problem.  I am concerned most definitely but meh it's Friday night and I want to play my game.

I was incorrectly banned on Guild Wars 1.  I cannot even put into words what I felt.. so many emotions.  It was corrected within several hours.

I would not expect this to get turned around that quickly (Due to EA/DICE doesn't control PB bans), perhaps a few days (110% guess from my buttocks) if you've been incorrectly banned.  (you know if it's incorrect or not because you know if you use cheats or don't).

I seen on the regular Battlelog forums that it's common for PB to have between 1-5% incorrect bans that were lifted for their most popular games, so it isn't a perfect system... a mass incorrect ban like this is scary.

I'm not letting it stop me from enjoying BF4 tonight.... perhaps my last words hehe

Good luck to all who were incorrectly banned, I hope it gets overturned quickly for you.

Message 18 of 61 (1,804 Views)

Re: "We are investigating an unwarranted PunkBuster Ban"

★★ Novice

I used to love playing battlefield 2. Unfortunately it has died off. I love playing battlefield 4. Unfortunately it completely destroyes my gaming experience at login. Every time i go to play this game i wonder what login problem is going to be next. error message this, error message that, server timed out, wrong browser, another update, server crash, rubber banding issues, netcoding issues or origin wants to do some big ass update. And today i have been banned. 'We are investigating a recent unwarranted PunkBuster ban. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience'. FFS what next! To the developers in charge and their 3rd party friends. you should be ashamed of yourselves. complete incompetence for putting out a product which you are unable deliver to the expectations of the people who line your pockets with the money which you were paid to do a job you continue to fail at. I dont care if this particular problem is punkbuster because otherwise i am sure it would be some other issue very soon. This far on you should be getting it right.

@MorningTimeCloud wrote:

Please refer to this thread as it will be updated when new news comes out on this

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Banned-from-Punkbuster-Read-here/td-p/3002270

Message 19 of 61 (12,495 Views)