"There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game."

by Xilef_Zar

Original Post

Re: "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.

★★★ Newbie

So I've seen quite a few suggestions here and it's likely that most people have differing issues that would cause the games to fail to load.

I recently downloaded Crysis Remastered and could not for the life of me get it to work.

In the end, I googled how to find the log files and low and behold, found my problem in 10 secs.

You can see from the snip that my PC was missing a critical DLL in order to load the game, a quick Google lead me to a video on how to reinstall the D3DCOMPILER DLL and now the game is running.

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2RhnHDXRXM 

If your game isn't loading, check the logs and you'll be able to work out where the issue is. Default path for Logs using the Origin client:

C:/ProgramData/Origin/Logs

Message 31 of 43 (6,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got a new game yesterday for my birthday and every time I try to play the game it keeps saying "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game." Man, I just want to play funky little scary Alice in wonderland game Frown

Message 32 of 43 (6,180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you @danthemanmu ! This was never a problem previously, but for some EA reason, it is now.

Working like a dream after installing the DX files from the game folder.

Message 33 of 43 (5,917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bwguyer Just to piggyback off this, because this was exactly what fixed it for me. Thank you so much, I also had this specific issue with PVZGW2 but i see others are having it with other games.

So I was going through those Visual C++ versions and it wasn't working for me, so I checked which exact versions I had (search Add or Remove programs in Windows Search Bar) and I had some x86 versions and others were x64, and so I went ahead and downloaded every x64 that I didn't have . So now I have x64 and x86 versions (I dont think i needed the x86 but it is what I had by default for some of them. I'll attach a screenshot of what my Apps & Features looks like now that it is working.

Message 34 of 43 (5,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

^^^^THANK YOU!!!! this worked for me too

Message 35 of 43 (4,575 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Bwguyer you are the goat
Message 36 of 43 (4,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@KaptainK83 You're absolutely right. I was having this issue with Crysis Remastered via EA Play. People should do like you said and go to the log files and check to see what went wrong because it's really easy to do. If you're missing the D3DCOMPILER_43.dll file, download it, unzip it, and go to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Crysis Remastered\Bin64 and paste the file there. If you changed the install directory of the game, go to wherever you installed it and find the Bin64 folder, and past the file there. I hope this helps anyone that has this issue in the future and thanks to you for pointing me in the right direction.

Message 37 of 43 (3,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If by any chance you are using a Windows 11 * N version, you might want to try installing the media feature pack.

Start > Settings > Optional Features > Add an optional feature [View feature] > Media Feature Pack > Install

Solved the problem: Error "There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game"

Message 38 of 43 (3,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@alldayswole Thank youso much, I faced the same problem with PVZGW2 and it solved by install Visual C++, an exact version required for my case is C++ 2013 x64
Message 39 of 43 (2,592 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive tried that it doesnt work for me.

i use windows 11 64bit, anything i can do?

Message 40 of 43 (1,634 Views)