[PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

by Mrknock0ut27

Original Post

Re: [PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@doctorapathy wrote:

Well I guess I'm the sucker. I weighed whether gambling $20 was worth potentially not feeling this frustration for an indeterminate amount of time....

Upgrading to the Legion of Dawn Edition fixed this for me.

Kinda messed up, but at least it's a piece of information that should help some people soon and others hopefully sooner when they get off their rears.

@GoblinBurgers wrote:

UN-*-BELIEVABLE. I refunded Anthem and then resubscribed to Origin Premiere and it let me in...ARE YOU * KIDDING ME EA??

I can confirm this works. 

Now I can pass 'connecting to online services' screen.

To make sure I did 'closed game, re launch game' several times now- no such issue anymore.

I didn't canceled Anthem standard yet. I just upgraded my standard version to LOD edition with Premier membership AGAIN and verified the game.

I also tried to rollback Anthem LOD to Anthem standard again. Game still not allow me to pass the title screen with my own standard version Anthem (which I pre-ordered).

I guess I should play Anthem LOD version until this premier membership expire. after then....well..

Message 81 of 167 (1,349 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had the LOD edition since the begening so I can't upgrade to LOD.  I'll try to redownload it since I haven't done that since the game release. 

Message 82 of 167 (1,291 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Arrenai wrote:

Hey there, Freelancers!

For those experiencing this issue, are you able to log into any other EA online-heavy game, such as Apex Legends? If so, how does it behave?

Also, if you have not cleared your Origin cache, if you could try that as well, that would be great.

Please let me know how it goes.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

cleraed origin caches several times, playing apex without any problem.

still cant play

Message 83 of 167 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This isn't a client side issue nor it's about connectivity, it's definately on their end. Nothing we can do on our end such as clearing origin cache, redownloading the game, port forwarding, moving the install etc. is a fix. I'm suspecting it is caused by corrupted player profiles.

Message 84 of 167 (1,245 Views)

Betreff: [PC] - Anthem stuck on 'connecting to online services'

★★ Apprentice

My game loses connection whenever I complete a mission, I don’t get to see how much XP or loot I got I for whatever mission I did AND I lose connection if I talk to a NPC (it’s random, sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn’t). 

Just can’t play because I keep losing connection and it’s frustrating because I have to reconnect and sometimes it won’t connect to EA servers. 

I’ve gone through “ EA’s troubleshooting connection steps “ twice so I’m sure it’s not from my side. (Apex Legends & BF work just fine)

I’ve even frickin’ deleted and reinstalled the game! 

Is there a fix for this? 

Has anyone experienced the same? 

I just want to play a game I paid $60 for :’(

Please do something EA!!!!!! 

Message 85 of 167 (1,350 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had an error on language when I first started the game on the 6th so this might be what caused my save to be corrupted or it's that I had LOD version on Basic.

Message 86 of 167 (1,342 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Moktor48 wrote:

Then she asked why I contacted them if I knew what was wrong =( 

Pretty much sums up my interactions with the 'support team' as well regarding this issue

Message 87 of 167 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have managed to connect using my cellphone's tethered connection. A VPN likely would also work I'd wager. This is a network connection issue. I have opened the ports but it does not change anything on my home connection.

Even if it's a problem "from my side", I have not needed to open ports for a game in more than a decade, maybe two. It's pretty absurd to have this kind of issue in 2019.

I can't  post a new reply because the forum marks it as spam. DisappointedDisappointed

Here's my solution:

I fixed it! I contacted EA, told them all the steps I did, a lot of them taken from their official page:

• Opened ports.
  • Added DMZ
  • Flushed DNS
  • Reset my modem/router
  • Made sure UPnP was enabled.
  • Disabled IPv6 on my computer.
  • Made sure NAT was active.

Since it was working fine on my cellular phone connection (tethering), they suggested I contact my ISP. My ISP's technician confirmed the port forwarding was set up properly. We enabled everything in the Capabilities (Bitswap, SRA, PhyR, ADSL PTM Mode), but nothing worked.

Finally when I mentioned I had disabled IPv6 on my computer, the technician mentioned it was enabled on my modem. So I removed my WAN connection and set it up again exactly the same (as per my ISP), but disabled IPv6. It worked immediatly!

tl;dr: I disabled IPv6 on my modem's WAN connection settings. It worked! It might need to be disabled on the computer too.

Message 88 of 167 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been having the same problem man since Launch on Xbox and EA told me that its probably on my size but my moms boyfriend it able to play it no problem and were on the same connection so explain how it would be on my side I have tried everything between uninstalling and reinstalling and troubleshooting that EA had me do that they guaranteed would fix it and it didnt! Im upset bc I payed 85$ for this game and havent been able to play it! They need to be focusing on this problem more than anything right now considering that theres thousands of people having this problem!

Message 89 of 167 (1,296 Views)

★ Apprentice
Unfoutunately a VPN doesn't work.
Message 90 of 167 (1,272 Views)