Original Post

Can't speak to Matthias

★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Fort Tarsis, Matthias' room
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 8.03.19
Summarize your bug When not in Matthias' room, there is a bright yellow dialogue option on the map that indicates I can go talk to one of them. When I enter the room, there is no option to talk to any of them and when I go back to the map, the dialogue indicator is there but grayed out. Starting/restarting the game does not solve it, nor does going on missions or continuing through the storyline. Most recent patch also did not solve the issue.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try talking to Matthias (after his dawn shield/splitting himself into three quest is complete)
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing else besides what is described in the above sections
What should be happening instead? I should either have no dialogue option if nothing is available or I should be able to converse with one or more of the Matthiases

No other issues

Message 1 of 7 (2,338 Views)

Re: Can't speak to Matthias

★★ Novice
Same here. Also the same thing with Janni.
Message 2 of 7 (2,324 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has also happened to me before the patch on Saturday. I can't accept any contracts yellow or purple. It has the yellow talk symbol before I go into his room and when I go in there it turns gray and I cannot speak to any of the Mathis. Any of the three Mathis. I can accept any yellow or purple contract because there is none on the table. Also this means I cannot complete the champion of tarsis and get gold paint and eventually craft Masterwork components. Also I lose out on that one legendary contract every day. This has been three or four days now and it is game-breaking for me and unacceptable

Message 3 of 7 (2,323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2 years later.

Problem still exists.

I don't suppose there's any plans to fix this?

Message 4 of 7 (1,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@sunshinelyzzardStill a problem, 01/06/2023. This has been going on for as long as I can remember, and I pre-ordered the game. Sadly, EA has a tendency to neglect the smaller problems, and the big game-breaking ones, for that matter. I don't know if there's any content locked behind this phantom conversation, since I've never found out what it's supposed to be about (if it's even an actual conversation, that is). It's extremely annoying, to say the least, especially due to it being a problem that's stuck around since launch...

Message 5 of 7 (1,036 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Disasterbation69 Guess it's not gonna get fixed
Message 6 of 7 (958 Views)

Community Manager

Hello @sozy2k7u3c5a and @Disasterbation69,

the thread is already rather old, so I'm closing it in regard to the forum rules against necroposting.

If your problem continues on, or you have a new issue, please open a new thread.

/closed

- Pythia

Pythia.png
Bitte schickt mir keine Direktnachrichten für Support - taggt mich im Forum @EA_Pythia
Message 7 of 7 (853 Views)