Can't sign into Anthem

by Taeko-3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't sign into Anthem

★★★ Newbie

I pre ordered anthem at Gamestop and followed the instructions but it says sign into Anthem on the website but on the game it doesn't give me anywhere to sign in. 

Message 1 of 19 (5,006 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't sign into Anthem

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Taeko-3 !

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time logging in. If you're playing on console, if your console ID is already linked to your EA account, it should recognize your account immediately. If it isn't linked yet, it should prompt you to link to an EA account.

If you're wondering if it is already linked, you can log in via your console ID at help.ea.com. Just select the PSN or Xbox button from the login page on that site.

Arrenai Cat

View in thread

Message 2 of 19 (4,969 Views)

All Replies

Hello @Taeko-3 !

I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time logging in. If you're playing on console, if your console ID is already linked to your EA account, it should recognize your account immediately. If it isn't linked yet, it should prompt you to link to an EA account.

If you're wondering if it is already linked, you can log in via your console ID at help.ea.com. Just select the PSN or Xbox button from the login page on that site.

Arrenai Cat

Message 2 of 19 (4,970 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Arrenai wrote:

Hello @Taeko-3 !

Arrenai Cat

But what if it isn’t linked???

Message 3 of 19 (4,923 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I already have a EA account since I played Star Wars battlefront 1 & 2 but I am having trouble linking this account to that account.  I can't find out how and I already looked at the linking accounts article

Message 4 of 19 (4,870 Views)

Hello @johnnyUclif  and @Taeko-3 ,

If your console ID is not yet linked, it should automatically prompt for you to link it to an account when you log in. You can also initiate a link by going to help.ea.com and using the PSN or XBOX buttons to sign in. If it's not linked, it will prompt there to attach an account.

If your console ID is already linked to another different account than the one you entered the VIP demo code to, please contact our Game Advisors at help.ea.com and they should be able to help resolve that for you.

I hope that helps! 

Arrenai Cat

Message 5 of 19 (4,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello @EA_Arrenai I've already spoken with a Game Advisor and they are insistent that they cannot and will not help me with unlinking a xbox gamertag from my account. They told me I had to contact Microsoft and they said that they cannot do anything either.

I'm once again back to waiting for a Game Advisor to help assist me and I hope I get a better answer this time than 'no'. Do you have any advice on how to make sure you can communicate effectively with a Game Advisor to get a xbox gamertag unlinked from an EA account?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 19 (4,571 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Arrenai

My PSN is linked, I am still getting the "restricted access" message when I try an log in. When I look on the website, it says I have access to the VIP demo, and shows my correct gamer tag etc. I have friends in Aus that are able to get in (currently playing). What is the resolution here?

Message 7 of 19 (4,558 Views)

Hello Freelancer @Feeora,

While unlinking it may not be an option, as there are technical risks associated with any gamertag movements, EA Help can try to update the information on the account to be up to date for you.

I hope that helps!

Arrenai Cat

Message 8 of 19 (4,526 Views)

Hello Freelancer @JESTA77 ,

That's definitely an odd error. It looks like you already were in touch with EA Help recently, but they may be needed again to take a look to see if anything may be wrong on the backend.

Arrenai Cat

Message 9 of 19 (4,517 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Hello @EA_Arrenai, yours is the 1st response I have had from all my messages. I am still getting the error: "Connection Problem" "This EA account is restricted from accessing any online features."
How is this an issue, when everything I can check, shows that my account is registered, and I have access to the VIP demo?
Should I just cancel my pre-order?
Message 10 of 19 (4,476 Views)
Twitter Stream