Anthem is my favorite action RPG ever. There, I said it.

by Hannes-Erich

Original Post

Re: Anthem is my favorite action RPG ever. There, I said it.

★★★ Newbie

I would also like to put another voice out here appreciating the game. My SO and I love playing this game together. The gameplay and combat is some of the best and most polished I've seen and it feels so satisfying to play. I also agree with the statements about the game getting a lot of undeserved criticism, which is such a shame because there really is a lot of customization and content to chew through. The open world freeplay is astonishing, I would go as far as to say it is better than Destiny's and am proud to say that because it really is. It's fun to explore and there are always events and combat situations happening. The conjuction events are some of the most fun I've had in an RPG since DS3. I sometimes find myself just flying around Bastion looking at the environment and getting lost in it, forgetting what I had set out to do in the first place which I have honestly never done in ANY game before. I'm so glad the PC community is anything but dead, I rarely have to wait more than a couple minutes to find a lobby for a mission or stronghold. This is a great game and it deserves more love and attention.

Message 11 of 17 (1,814 Views)

@sundance31us Agreed. I still see people joining this game and playing it through, and i own it on multiple platforms so im seeing that across the board. If they had more content, they would keep playing. This is one that should be dug up and worked on/added to. Tons of potential.
Message 12 of 17 (1,533 Views)

★★★ Guide

I agree. My favorite action RPG ever. The environment is beautiful. I love the co-op action. Snappy controls. They really made a mistake abandoning this.

Message 13 of 17 (1,433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not sure why great games keep kicking the bucket (Firefall, I'm looking at you too) and yet it keeps happening. Why not open the game up to community development? If it generates attention, it's a win-win. Games like Ark and Skyrim have massive mod communities, and as a player that stuff drew me in much more than what the game originally came with.

I'm all for any game that isn't a murder arena! Standard smile

Message 14 of 17 (1,409 Views)

@Tandle In short it's due to companies ignoring their communities. Best we can do is tie together and keep pushing. Specially in cases where the community isn't actually dead like they claim.
Message 15 of 17 (1,321 Views)

Gonna bug on this for a good long while. Cause fact of the matter is people still play it and enjoy it. Think it's time for open source folks. Unlikely I know but very needed when the community is swept like it is.
Message 16 of 17 (460 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ChainsOfAnubis13 please do not bump older threads like this as it is considered spam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 17 of 17 (414 Views)