An Update on Anthem Next

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Re: An Update on Anthem Next

@Eldorren I love this callout on them. And in all honesty if a company were to do iron man type stuff....I don't want to BE Ironman. I like the customization and freedom this game brought to the table in terms of mech or mech suite type stuff, that hasn't really been branched on heavily since the armor core games I feel. Many games I haven't played though so I may be wrong. But totally agree with you here. They made the wrong choice.
Message 191 of 199 (1,157 Views)

Re: i ask because i am curious

@ARES2910 I'm gonna float this. Cause it's valid and they made the wrong choice in pulling the plug.

PLUG IT BACK IN
Message 192 of 199 (1,192 Views)

Re: Revival

★★★ Newbie

Haven't forgotten, just been busy... bumping

Message 193 of 199 (1,181 Views)

I WILL SAVE ANTHEM.

★★★★★ Novice

Even if it's alone....

You remember when no one ate kale...? Now it's all you hear about, kale chips, kale smoothies, kale shots.... you get my point. What changed?

Perception.

Anthem has the potential to be something amazing. It's developers worked very hard and unfortunately things didn't work out, for now. They've all but given up on it. I will save it.

So here's the pros:

The mech flight mechanics are fire, the graphics are out of this world, frostwire works.

Here are the *:

I go here, stand here, do this, the same monsters come out and attack me, repeat.  <- that's what killed it. That and that alone.

Go here. Do this. What if it was more like TLOZ-BOTW? Give me a mech, give me parts scattered in a world that break and some you can repair, give me a large map with bio diversity, give me freedom.

----------------------//----------------------------------

Check back to see if I actually do anything about it.

Message 194 of 199 (1,056 Views)

Re: I WILL SAVE ANTHEM.

★★★★★ Novice
Message 195 of 199 (1,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Anthem/How-would-you-resurrect-Anthem/m-p/10410755#M114718

^ always do some research, teamwork makes the dreamwork

Message 196 of 199 (1,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Honestly? Sell the IP. Give it to a studio who gives a rat. Finish the work from 2.0 or work a structure in like Warframe.

Now before anyone freaks, what I mean is the world of anthem is so large vast and could be anything. Imagine a new jav per region. Remember the sailors story? Think of the flight time over a sea?! Imagine the caves and fights an ocean biome would offer. What about an icy mountain? Or even a old abandoned city from our former slave masters?

Anthem was the start of a truly beautiful world. With extra care it could've become a game that rivaled Warframe for console; In categories like expressionism, creativity, community connection, and most importantly. Longevity.

I would revive Anthem in a way that gave us lancers more of an organized group then just a sole hero. We wore that badge but a collective place we built would be awesome.

for instance the community events and boss battles! Think of building a new legion order (clans) and having a fortress to decorate with your spoils of events past! Trophies the community earned together displayed proudly in our common area/ market place.

Endeavors like no man's sky! A 3 week long journey into specific biomes to play a side story while content is developed. Rewards transfer to your vault and the character deletes. He'll why not play out the crimson lancer stories! Think of the cosmetics.

A sport based pvp. No fighting, just you, a team of four, a ball; And two goal posts. Weapon cosmetics and gold.

And finally a player home/ ship/ walker. Nothing is better when winding down from a hard day of fighting then to sit in your own space. Free of the bustle of people. Just you, and your let saurian. Watch the ooze though.

^ PREACH

Message 197 of 199 (1,053 Views)

@toot001 Yeah I'll keep floating this
Message 198 of 199 (1,010 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Trusting the Client for Input

In some genres like First Person Shooters, trusting the client with some parts of the game is inevitable. In this case, aiming. Whenever we trust the client, that trust can be exploited by hackers. In FPS games, an Aim Bot can pretend to move the cursor onto another player more quickly. And since the server trusts the client with moving the cursor, it opens up for cheating with no easy solution.

Server Authority "Cheats"

Just to be clear, even for 100% server authoritative games like MMOs, there are still attack vectors. The point of this article is to worry about the most obvious attacks on client authority first. Even if the server does not trust the client, there is still room for Bots which technically don't cheat, except for automating tasks that the player is supposed to do manually. Protecting against server authoritative "cheats" goes beyond the scope of initial development. There will be plenty of time to deal with those after releasing. Someone running a Bot in his basement is not a serious threat until your game, unless it gets out of hand.
Message 199 of 199 (897 Views)