Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

XBOX One - Error Retrieving Anthem live Service Data

by Cerburus

Original Post

Re: XBOX One - Error Retrieving Anthem live Service Data

★★★★★ Newbie

I made a transaction with those coins for an arrival animation and it wouldn’t validate so I left the screen and jooned my friend in a mission which the game sent me to the title screen and gave me that error and one about not being able to get pilot files, it’s been repeating that constantly, anthem has the potential to be great but if it keeps going this way with game’s EA will lose the majority of its fan base which would suck 

Message 61 of 71 (754 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm about ready to just chalk this up as a $200 dollar loss.  My wife and I both got a copy and we're getting booted every 4-10 minutes with some new error each time, whether it's a 4445 error in the middle of dialogue or just plain disconnect while walking through the streets of Fort Tarsis.

When I spend money on something I expect it to work.  I get it, it's the release, the servers get slammed, but how long has the video game industry been around?  It's no longer an excuse for there to be 'unanticipated numbers' and such.  Fact of the matter is: the product doesn't work as advertised.  Since the gaming stores won't take it back once it's opened I'm just going to accept that but rest assured I will not make the mistake of purchasing a Bioware or EA product again.  I should have learned my lesson after how poorly done Mass Effect: Andromeda was, but no, I just had to give them another chance.

People should not be paying for something that doesn't work.  This is a direct reflection of both companies business model and, in my opinion, an eye opening look into how they think we, their customers should be treated.  Simply: "It doens't matter if it works, or if it's done, just ship it out and get the money for it and we'll fix it later.  Sure, we may lose a few customers, but we've already got their money and they'll be back for the next game we release.".  Too many game design studios are employing this tactic and it's getting old.

Message 62 of 71 (715 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

WTF anthem...my time, my money, working on an issue is your problem not mine! I paid for this crap. I looked forward to sitting down and playing. Now I have to wait another week due to my schedule. You should get sued 

Message 63 of 71 (617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So that's a clever excuse for day one troubles. Why is it a month later and week after release I can't complete a single mission without getting kicked and receiving this error!? Upgrade your servers no excuses people are paying for services that don't deliver is a crime!

Message 64 of 71 (493 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Nice job "fixing" the issues its March 4 and all the same problems are still occurring along with many more bugs. What were you doin during the six years of development? What were you guys doin during the demo phase or even in alpha you obviously had to see the blatantly obvious bugs in this game but yet you released a $60 burning pile of unfinished garbage. Congratulations everybody this is AAA gaming in 2019 where the big name developers dont give 2 * about the consumer because they know you sheep will still buy up their product. So they get to release unfinished content lacking games that should not be anymore than a $20 game. If you need someone to find bugs in the game I'll gladly take a 6 figure salary to find all the bugs in your piece of * game and other piece of * games in the future.

Message 65 of 71 (406 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Apparently the issue in this thread has been solved by EA, according to their own forum topic guide listed at the bottom of the page.

So their definition of solved is approximately 30% of your player base being unable to complete expeditions or even launch the game without constant error variants (e.g. retrieving live service and pilot data.) and crashes. The latest emergency maintenance has exacerbated the issue for some, myself included, and there hasn't been a peep out of you regarding a hot-fix or other steps to resolve this appropriately

Message 66 of 71 (376 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

FYI, this is still happening. Most of us are

doing our best to stay frosty (and loyal). But it’s proving taxing...

Message 67 of 71 (327 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeap this is still happening for me too cant retrieve data , disconnection from server , cant find pilot data it has become very annoying i am lucky if I get to play for 1-2 hours before i just cant log back on but which I test my xbox network for online multi player its says its fine and my nat is open so its definitely at EA server end as I can still play everything else just not Anthem. 

Message 68 of 71 (316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Got this error when trying to get into the launch bay. Rebooted XBOX still same error. Unable to play. Help!

Message 69 of 71 (278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Rebooting router fixed the issue...but here we are again getting a new error code..rebooting router and xbox have not solved it yet.  Seriously getting tired of having to fight these issues to play this game!

Message 70 of 71 (253 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help