Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Old Farts

by EscMadman

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Fantastic to see there are similar aged gamers out there playing Anthem.

49, UK, GT: Escaped Madman

Already requested to join the group.  Hope to catch a few missions with some of you sometime.

Message 151 of 169 (331 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the invite, it's funny as I remember your screen name from a couple days ago when I was playing in freeplay. I was thinking at the time how clever it was.

Message 152 of 169 (321 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I gave up on Anthem for several days including this past weekend. Not just giving EA and BioWare time to update, but due to owning/operating a business and other life events, just didn't have time.

Last night I had a little time so decided to give A:LoD another try.

Started Xbox One and was greeted by the "Time to update" screen so updated Xbox One. After that, I checked my Anthem data file(s) to ensure there was only one data file. Received suggestion in this thread, that there could be an issue if there were multiple data files. Only one so opted to leave it and load A:LoD.

Loaded fine and sure enough, right back to standing next to Owen in the Enclave.

Walked back to my Javelin, climbed in and selected Enter the Fortress of Dawn mission. Completed the mission as I had done in the 8 previous loops, BUT actually made it to the story line after where the weasel Owen steals the Dawn Javelin!

WOOHOO! Finally made it through, got rewards and then visited all the characters back at the Enclave that were tagged.

I still think A:LoD needs a LOT of work. The Anthem world is extremely small and we keep visiting the same sites over and over. There are still graphical glitches and other issues that need attention, but at least I can now progress beyond an endless loop of one single mission.

At least until another issue crops up.

Message 153 of 169 (310 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EscMadman 

Added you as a friend and invited to the Xbox club.  It’s great to have Old Farts as friends.

@spddrcr 

Ran into some other club members during free play.  They stood there waving in front of me and a buddy.  Ended up in party chat with everyone and had a ball farming world events.

@MontanaScots 

Glad to hear you were able to progress in the game.  Too bad the issues are frustrating so many people.  I miss the days of buying a game that was complete when it launched.

Xbox GT: Rnz Wth Scissrz
Xbox Club: Old Farts of Anthem
Facebook: Old Farts on Xbox

Message 154 of 169 (297 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just out of curiosity. What days / times (UK) is everyone normally online?

Message 155 of 169 (272 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Please add me as well, early 50's love having to use my age as a qualifier!

GT: Tasantherus

Message 156 of 169 (259 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Badseed696 

Added you as a friend and invite to the Xbox club.  Thanks for being an Old Fart!

Xbox GT: Rnz Wth Scissrz
Xbox Club: Old Farts of Anthem
Facebook: Old Farts on Xbox

Message 157 of 169 (224 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
I'm 42 WigglyWizard9
Message 158 of 169 (214 Views)

★★★ Newbie
that's good to hear
Message 159 of 169 (202 Views)

★★★ Newbie

GamerTag : x50gprotein age 51 , play anthem and Destiny 2 mostly ..

Message 160 of 169 (201 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help