Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Loot Drop Rate Since 1.0.4

by Jawzys

Original Post

Loot Drop Rate Since 1.0.4

★★★★ Newbie

I have noticed a significant loot drop decrease in Master Work and Legendaries since update 1.0.4 

I have been running a maxed ranger for a few weeks now. I mostly run free play on GM3. I only (try to) pick up masterworks and legendary drops and in a 3 hour hard grind session would receive at least 20-25 Master Works and maybe 1-2 Legendaries. 

Now I am only seeing 5-10 Masterworks total in two 3 hour grind sessions and have not seen a Legendary since before the update. Its a huge decrease from what I am use to. I have not changed any of my gear/luck perks.

Some in the group I play with have experienced an increase in drop rates since the update. Coincidentally these players were experiencing the drop rates that I am now before update 1.0.4. One player in my group had not seen a Legendary in 3 weeks of everyday grinding who is now receiving 3-4 legendaries a day.

Any other groups with this experience?

Message 1 of 7 (562 Views)

Re: Loot Drop Rate Since 1.0.4

★★★★ Novice

Masterwork seems to have disappeared almost completely.  The only Masterwork I get each day are on my legendary contracts and of course most are dupes.  Legendary Missions aren't dropping anything but purples (and blues still even though i thought that was fixed).  The only reason for me to play each day is for the legendary contracts, everything else is pointless.  

Message 2 of 7 (497 Views)

★★★ Guide

Drop rates are horrid.

I havent seen a leg in a few days and I run with over 100 luck.

The games progression is non existent because even when a leg drops 9/10 times it gets broken down.

if they want to keep the loot this way we need multiple legendaries to drop per mission in gm3. This 1 here and 1 there is not going to work. GM3 is already empty because time invested does not equal loot. 

For every 100 epics I see maybe 1 or 2 leg will drop. Thats on a good day.

No one will keep playing at this rate. I love the game but hate the route they took. Its losing more and more players everyday which is seen massively in GM2 and 3. 

1 of 2 things NEED to happen if they want to keep players.

Either set inscriptions so when a leg does drop it isnt garbage, or drop more leg per run so we can actually have a chance for new gear. Ive broken down more Leg than I have kept. Thats saying something.

Message 3 of 7 (489 Views)

★★★ Newbie
honestly "1 of 2 things NEED to happen if they want to keep players.

Either set inscriptions so when a leg does drop it isnt garbage, or drop more leg per run so we can actually have a chance for new gear. Ive broken down more Leg than I have kept. Thats saying something."

Both are required for their community to stay...
Message 4 of 7 (464 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
You start out with 100 luck as a base. You can only add 90 more for 190% max. I swear tho since the patch I get better drops with no added luck bonuses.
Message 5 of 7 (460 Views)

★★★ Guide

@GreenMachinebf wrote:
honestly "1 of 2 things NEED to happen if they want to keep players.

Either set inscriptions so when a leg does drop it isnt garbage, or drop more leg per run so we can actually have a chance for new gear. Ive broken down more Leg than I have kept. Thats saying something."

Both are required for their community to stay...

No if they do both the suggestions i added it will lose players just because we will have 4 788 javs with no chance to improve until they add more. I dont mind grinding hours for a leg as long as when it does drop it will have better stats than my mw. Not just a chanve to have better stats.

This is in respect to gm3. Gm1 and 2 can stay how they are but gm3 should be dropping leg at a much better rate. 

Message 6 of 7 (425 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Improving the drop rates of rarer items will NOT fix the loot issues. The problem right now is that most people only care about getting Legendary items, while we are scrapping everything else. What the game needs to do is to figure out a way for us to care about the non-Legendary items as well. Make it interesting for us to collect loot in general, whether it is Legendary or not. 

Just think about this: assume they increase Legendary drops where we get TONS of Legendary items. The ramifications of this would just be that at some point no one will care about ANY of the loots this game has to offer anymore, and this game will be even dead-er than it already is. 

Message 7 of 7 (296 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help