Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Is anyone else locked out of stronghold rooms as the rest of the party enter

by OtterChaos182

Original Post

Is anyone else locked out of stronghold rooms as the rest of the party enters

★★ Newbie

When I am playing strongholds with groups of people I am consistently locked out of a room as they Advanced there is some kinda barrier between me and the room. Is it something I am doing? Or is it a glitch?

Message 1 of 14 (558 Views)

Re: Is anyone else locked out of stronghold rooms as the rest of the party enter

★★★★ Novice
Its a wall that supposed to keep players from leaving the room after the battle starts. But it is going up too soon and then not transporting us into the area like when you lag behind the group.
Message 2 of 14 (546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

should be fixed in this patch apparently  https://answers.ea.com/t5/News-Updates/Anthem-Update-1-0-3/td-p/7651795 

They have increased the time allowed before the wall comes up

Message 3 of 14 (541 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Key word here is "should be." I've encountered it twice last night in 5 stronghold runs. Luckily for me on the second one, the door just randomly opened again and I was able to get through. The first one I had to quit the room, in order to not be a grievance to the team that actually made it through, in hopes that they can get someone in through quickplay. 

Message 4 of 14 (532 Views)

★★★ Guide

If this happens (usually temple of scar)

Hit start and select respawn. It will put u on the other side of the wall.

Message 5 of 14 (488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me. First chest on Temple Of Scars and i got locked out twice in a row. Second time i made sure i was first in line for the chest but i could still not move forward, rest of the team ran in and then the wall came up.

Third time i tried the stronghold i got matched with different people and it worked perfectly.

I play solo...so I've been thinking...maybe this happens when i get matched with a team of friends and im the odd one out (if that is possible) and the game kind of miss the fact that im part of said team somehow?

Message 6 of 14 (474 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Temple of Scar.... Grrrrrrrr.  Angry 

I was in with 2 other friends and a random, a random who obviously had to be first at everything, a random who rushed the first chest and locked me out of a ripe harvest of MY FIRST LEGENDARY drop. A random who's name I've inscribed upon my Avenging Herald and every round that come out it's freakin muzzle, with burning fire and acid targeting every enemy with that random's face on it. Of course, all this is written with good intentions... you know, like wishing this random explosive diarrhea while stuck in traffic during allergy season.

That there are walls to prevent people from leaving a battle room is ridiculous. Even if it's meant to be a penalty, it should only last as long as a non-revived player - you know, lack of xp due to loss of enemy stock or something - what ever. I just know staring at the first legendary was the biggest frustration I've had with this game. I don't have disconnections (maybe 5 since the first update), game sound dropped only a couple of times. Game play and quality of life have been great in my Anthem, but this... this was almost enough for me to have a cow.... and cows are too big for that!

Hoping this gets fixed in the future. Until then I shall continue the search for that 2nd legendary and that freakin' random who's name should be stricken from the rolls of Xbox players.

Message 7 of 14 (469 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have been farming masterworks to level my Storm up. I was running temple of scar with two friends and a random. We beat the first room and we all moved onto the chest area. The random got their first, my two friends were in front of me and I was behind. Random opened the chest, then my two friends got their and right as I was flying through the doorway, that wall comes don and locks me out.

I got pissed, because I could see that for me, two masterworks came out of that chest. The three went along and I was stuck in the room. I was not aware you could hit start and re-spawn. I waited in that room until I was teleported to the mission area. By the time I was teleported, they were in the next area, with the path behind us walled off, so I could not go back and collect the masterworks.

What made me even more mad is that from what I have read online, is that masterworks, along with legendaries, are supposed to be sent to you in the after battle report or something? Even if you didn't actually collect them. Someone please correct me here, if I am wrong. I did not get those two masterworks. I even tried out what someone said, and start another mission/freeplay and immediately quit, and the masterworks should be in that after report. I still got nothing.

I was pissed, because normally I don't have an issue getting masterworks. But yesterday, I may have just had a string of bad luck because I was grinding all day in freeplay, contracts and strongholds in GM1 for masterworks, and only got the same 3 universal components and Papa Pump over and over again.
Message 8 of 14 (454 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What's worse is when the wall goes up before the chest...the only way to get past the wall is to close anthem and rejoin when prompted from the main menu...the bad news is, you no longer have the ability to pick up those chest items...total Bs...if I would have gotten a legendary I would have lost it...lol...but not "lol"

Update: respawn via map tab to other side of the wall is a much better alternative...

Message 9 of 14 (425 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had that happen several times. I reported it as a bug as have several others. Even increased time before shield comes up doesn't help. Force respawn through the map will put you on the other side of the shield. That's the only thing that works for me.

Message 10 of 14 (377 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help