Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Gear at Limited Level

by Confinedbark

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gear at Limited Level

★★★★ Newbie

No matter how much I play now, my gear does not go above level 38. Why is this? It is hard to keep playing if I cannot advance any furher.

Message 1 of 5 (389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gear at Limited Level

★★★ Apprentice

The Hard challenge level is where you'll start getting limited Masterwork weapon drops.  My Masterworks's start with a Power 61. I didn't start getting Masterwork components, blast and focus seals until I bumped up the challenge to Grandmaster1. It's a little tougher than Hard challenge, but well worth it. I believe Grandmasters 1, 2 and 3 open up at level 30.

Bring gear Grandmaster1 recommends a 425+ power level, though I've seen friends with lower power levels play, we just pick them up a lot.

Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (372 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

The Hard challenge level is where you'll start getting limited Masterwork weapon drops.  My Masterworks's start with a Power 61. I didn't start getting Masterwork components, blast and focus seals until I bumped up the challenge to Grandmaster1. It's a little tougher than Hard challenge, but well worth it. I believe Grandmasters 1, 2 and 3 open up at level 30.

Bring gear Grandmaster1 recommends a 425+ power level, though I've seen friends with lower power levels play, we just pick them up a lot.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Grand Master is the key to getting Master work items and opens at pilot level 30. Remember to use supporting Consumables when getting into the Grand Master difficulties so that you don't get thrashed straight away.

Another thing to note is that Grand Master 1 grants a guaranteed Master Work item depending on the activity. So a Stronghold drops Abilities (LB or RB) and Contracts drop Components, one guaranteed at the end of respective activity. This means Freeplay is grinding out weapon drops.

Remember that the Support +Luck % inscription will help the Quality of the drops in any event but tops out at 90%. If you have gear that has that you can get by with equip it and see what you can get dropping.

Master Works do drop in Hard but they are less frequent by far til GM1.

Message 3 of 5 (348 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There's a limited selection of Masterworks available from Easy to Hard, all weapons, and their drop rate is low. Grandmaster 1 gives you a chance to get all available Masterworks (weapons, gear, and components), and bumping up the difficulty increases the drop rate chance. I think Legendaries are only available in GM1-3 also, but I could be wrong. I haven't gotten any yet somehow.

Message 4 of 5 (298 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah normal and hard can dropped a few specific weapons but everything else useful is GM 1-3. I did not run many gm3 because I generally played with random players, but ran lots of GM 1-2 and only got 1 legendary drop. I have not played since 11 March but I am planning on coming back soon, hopefully my luck changes. 

Message 5 of 5 (244 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help