Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

by maxpayne901

Original Post

Re: Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

★★★★ Novice

And regarding to how long. They could not say, but 

" they have assured that it should be fixed shortly Standard smile

That is the response I got, so hopefully, everything is fixed by then ! Standard smile

Message 21 of 43 (481 Views)

★★★★ Novice
For me I’m on the Xbox one x and using the elite controller. It’s aleays when ever I try to leave fort tarsis. Doesn’t matter if it is free play, stronghold or a mission or if I go to the launch bay. I can walk around the for ok just can’t leave it. It will start the matchmaking and then when it goes to the javelin cinematic it drops there straight to Xbox home. Some times I get an audio stutter and freeze before going sometimes not.
Message 22 of 43 (448 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since the last patch, I haven't had the crash from just trying to log in that hit me every single time before that. 

But the game does occasionally crash during battle, apparenty overwhelmed by too many effects triggered simultaneously. Freezing half-a-dozen scorpions just crashed my Xbox One X. 

Message 23 of 43 (381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having problems with Anthem on Xbox one X, some times during play I get a frozen screen for about 10 sec then the game goes on and plays. When the mission is over I get totally kick off of Anthem and have to restart the game loosing most of everything gained doing the mission. This has happened at least four times in about three hours of playing time, most of that time has been in the fort. I know of two other people that it has happened to also.

Message 24 of 43 (373 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I'm one Xbox One X and this happens every other mission with me having to close the game or restart the console. For such an expensive game and such a big company I find it ridiculous you're not doing more about this! Will we expect to receive any form of compensation for days of not being able to play or lost time from redoing missions multiple times just so the game doesn't crash on the last cutscene?

Message 25 of 43 (359 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Ive talked to ea a few tines and they just tell me the same crap that its my connection when its not. This game is broken for sure. They need to do more work on it. Or give people refunds for being such a inconvenience. Alot of EA games are doing this

Message 26 of 43 (350 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since reading about the PS4 player who claims Anthem bricked his console, I'm reluctant to play Anthem until reports of crashes stop.

More than once after my Xbox One X crashed during Anthem, my Xbox reported that it shut down as a safety precaution against overheating. How can I be sure my Xbox will always shut down in time to prevent damage? Perhaps the game has already caused minor damage. 

I get the impression Bioware is going to overhaul basic gameplay systems anyway. It will be a fundamentally different game months from now. Maybe I will wait until then to jump back in. 

Message 27 of 43 (312 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Xbox one x tonight in free play as I was going for the chest after doing a world quest my Xbox shut down.  On restart it said it shut down for a heat issue.  First time it's done that.  It shut down a few minutes later.  I restarted and decided to not rejoin and was able to use the forge for about 20 minutes without it shutting down.

Message 28 of 43 (300 Views)

★★★★ Newbie
  • Xbox one.
  • Keep getting "Error connecting to Ea Servers, check server status" and the servers are all fine when I check.
  • Will load into the loading screen but stop at like 80% like I am now.
  • I have tried almost everything to resolve this.
Message 29 of 43 (280 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I do believe even Bioware has given up on the game. No communication or even a hint at when it will be a complete game. Its complete garbage as of right now. Crash to home screen on joining free play. Same for quick play. Whole team disappeared multiple times during strongholds and contracts. Submitted multiple bug reports and got crickets in return. EA may be a terrible producer but the lack of communication falls completely on Bioware. Glad D2 comes out in a week. Chalk this game up as the one that closed Bioware. Hopefully EA will sell them off to a company that wont force out games long before they are finished. Or just shutter the studio so the "talent" can go elsewhere.
Message 30 of 43 (266 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help