Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

by maxpayne901

Original Post

Re: Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

★★★★ Novice

Lately it has been pretty good for me getting in to the game. In the start, it would take me 3 times to load before it would work, but that has gone down (for now). I have not gotten a disconnect either in a while, and I think more will come in the future. I actually really like this game, and I hope not to run into more crashes.

Message 51 of 57 (262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This really needs looking at. I’ve crashed three times today on the Xbox one. The game will play fine for about half an hour then it will drop audio and freeze. I’ll wait a couple of minutes to see if it sorts itself out, but no. Occasional my character will still be able to turn but won’t move. Controller will sometimes provide feedback as well.

Network is great tested other games such as neverwinter and problems with connection at all as that is stable.

Only anthem. Trying to all my might valour etc challenges but I can’t as I can’t do world events or quick play or dungeons. 

Please put out more effort into stability rather then new content right now. Without stability new content is worthless as people still won’t get to play it. 

Message 52 of 57 (246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I am playing on an Xbox 1.

i have not played Anthem in a long time waiting for the you tube channels to say you added new content.

the you tube channels said you added new content so I signed on tonight.

i did notice some minor changes but no new dialog nor new missions I could find.

the challenges in my list had to do with eliminating an outrageous number of enemies But I decided to start with some scars and outlaws I made it through one world event but during the second world event the game froze made glitching noise then booted me to my home Xbox screen!

Being a persistent person I signed back in it asked if I wanted to resume my game I said yes. But instead  of bringing me to the world event it started the free play session over. 

This happened 2 more times. 

Playing on GM 1 I only received blues and purple loot and that includes killing a titan(this level enemy should always drop legendary items simply because they are the hardest enemy to beat especially playing solo.)

Although it is July 26th 2019 still no sign of the Cataclysm.

This was suppose to release in May!

just so you know I completed both Mass effect 2 all missions and dlcs and also mass effect 3 with all side missions and dlcs missions.

i really think this game could have been great but the lack of interest in meeting your promises to your customers is at best lazy and at worst it is disrespectful.

When the Cataclysm is finally released it should never go away. It should be a permanent add on to the game.

loot drops should be based on what level the player has achieved not based on a RNG. This is a video game not a video slot machine.

as an additional comment the map in free play showed only 4 other players, logged on between 8-10 pm, that is beyond sad and it makes it impossible to be revived during a battle. My only choice was to hit x to restart the level.

again more disrespect from EA. 

I guess I will replay a different game and check back in 2-3 months

a reply from the community monitor would be appreciated. 

Message 53 of 57 (185 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i cant play more than 15 minutes before it crash's to desktop not had many problems before last undate

Message 54 of 57 (166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Attempted to play free play today. Big mistake. I have yet to last 10 minutes before the server shutdown message or the entire game crashes. 

Message 55 of 57 (95 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cannot believe this game is in the state it is in. I keep wanting to Love it but I am continually disappointed by the bugs in this game and not the ones you can shoot. It freezes, crashes, drops the audio, kicks you out of servers unexpectedly or mid mission(especially during free play) there are missions that are glitched(Rune gathering for Mathias) and destructible rocks, plants and crystals that don't go away upon collecting. The only solace I can take is that I paid $14.99 for my Legion of Dawn Ed new at Best Buy. Currently I am uninstalling the game and reinstalling it in hopes it will fix something, probably won't though. And after having read the forums its like EA and Anthem could care less what you are going through. They need to be sued.   

Message 56 of 57 (85 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don’t know if it’s got to do with the latest update because I haven’t played the game very much since I bought it. But the past few days I have gotten an error message on the title screen that the service isn’t available at the moment. When I later have been able to log on I have done some free play but all of a sudden the screen freezes and I get tossed back to the home screen of my Xbox. I guess that’s not a “dangerous crash” but now I’m afraid that the game really will destroy my Xbox one x if I continue to try. Can’t find any new updates on this from users or from EA / BioWare? Anyone here that might be able to help me out?

Message 57 of 57 (73 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help