Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

by maxpayne901

Original Post

Re: Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Alexander someone really needs to comment on this and take a look. 

The game is literally unplayable as we can’t leave fort tarsis. 

Please can can we have some assurance that our concern is noted and is being looked into as it is a critical defect that should never have passed through QA. 

Thanks

Message 11 of 52 (880 Views)

Community Manager

@Bunta1980 

We'll look into this.

Would appreciate a bit more exact info:

• Xbox One/Xbox One S/Xbox One X?
  • Exact place in game/menu you're experiencing the crash?
Message 12 of 52 (876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Alexander 

Xbox One S

It happened to me on Sunday, I don't remember where, but I was in middle of a contract with a friend then my game froze all I could do was move the camera around my Javelin.

It lags on the opening video and no sound in the main menu.

Message 13 of 52 (856 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happens to me quite a bit. I play on an Xbox One X. It's getting quite frustrating when trying to get loot. A few times now while in freeplay, I can be in thee for some time, but after I start getting a decent amount of loot, my game will freeze, the sounds starts stuttering and then I get kicked to the Xbox dashboard. There was one time when I loaded the game back up, I didn't get the message stating I had an existing session and I didn't get any of the loot I collected. Other times, I do get that message and can re-join. 

Other times the game has crashed on my will be when I'm in the forge customizing my javelin. The sounds starts stuttering and immediately get kicked to the title screen and have to load back in. 

The freezing and the crashing happens to me the most in Fort Tarsis and mostly Freeplay. I can't recall if it's happened in an actual mission yet.

Message 14 of 52 (832 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It happens to me frequently. It has happened as frequently as 3-4 times in a row (after which I give up); other times it can be hours, but once it starts, it continues.

Xbox One X (Scorpion)

Sound gets jittery or goes away completely - sometimes come back ok before getting kicked.

Graphics tear a lot and then come back together.

You loose all controls for a second or two.

When it comes back crash happens within a few seconds and always sends you to Xbox dashboard and Anthem is completely exited.

Restarting Anthem sometimes results in connectivity issues for a few tries - or until you choose to skip, then it loads anyway.

It has happened in the following instances:

* Freeplay: Opening map

* Freeplay: Opening codex

* Missions(various): Opening map

* Missions(various): Opening codex

* Missions(Various): Lots of combos and explosions and getting ready to fly 

* Missions/Freeplay: Flying - random, I haven't noticed if its specific areas

* Missions/Freeplay: Jumping off Fort Tarsis or Walker at start of mission/area

* Fort Tarsis: Opening shop menu (both shops)

* Fort Tarsis: Openiing forge

* Fort Tarsis: Opening Salvage shop

Message 15 of 52 (831 Views)

★★★★ Novice

On Xbox  first time having problems. 3 times now while I'm trying to play Heart of Rage mission it says "error retrieving Anthem live service data." And kicks back to the start screen. It happens right after we hear Monitor talk. Tried quitting game and doing a hard reboot on Xbox, but still can't progress past this point. Very frustrated. Again, no real issues before this. Playing a downloaded copy installed to an external drive.

Message 16 of 52 (791 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can’t even get past the title screen. It shows that the servers are down. Does anyone know when they will be back up?
Message 17 of 52 (788 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox 1 S. Can't get past the title screen started 3-01-19 not sure what is going on but game worked fine (more or less) till then.

Message 18 of 52 (777 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just got off a chat with one of the helpers, and this is what they said 

" I have confirmed with the concerned team of ours, actually there is a reported known issue at present due to which the players are not getting to connect to the EA servers which they are suppose to and the same is being currently investigated by the studio team of ours and would be fixed shortly for all the players"

So hopefully, it gets sorted out with each issue 

Message 19 of 52 (777 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

Yeah I played for a total of ten min today and the servers keep telling me I'm disconnected from each servers .and now can't even play at all .... completely sucks 

Message 20 of 52 (779 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help