Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

by maxpayne901

Original Post

Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

★★ Novice

After playing Anthem for a total of 10+ hours yesterday, the game crashed a total of 8 ti.es on me on Xbox One X. 3 of those times were at the title screen when I was just trying to get in the game itself and that happened 3 times in a row.

Message 1 of 52 (4,600 Views)

Re: Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

★★ Novice
Just one of the many issues facing the game at the moment. Atleast you can get on to play sometimes, for others, we cant even get on!
Message 2 of 52 (4,563 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm having freezing/crashing issues as well. I played a total of 3 hours yesterday and had this happen at least 4 times.

Message 3 of 52 (4,555 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yeah this happens to me every few missions or when I access the features menu, I usually get a stutter then I know its gonna crash lol

Message 4 of 52 (4,536 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me as well. There’s ysually an Audi ray stutter for a few seconds when it happens in game and everything freezes, then it appears to fix for about a second, but then crashes to the home screen. 

‘’It locked up the entire Xbox necessitating a hard reboot last night though. 

Message 5 of 52 (4,514 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me at least a couple of times per day, while in a mission, since the last update (i think, can't recall if it happened pre update). It freezes and then the game shuts down.

Luckely I've been able to join previous session everytime i've started up the game again. Still annoying.

Message 6 of 52 (4,457 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Happens to me as well.
A work around is to start another game from the Xbox guide, wait a few seconds and then start Anthem.
Message 7 of 52 (4,447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Haven't been able to play in 3 days now.  When it has gone past the loading screen I spawn frozen in place.

Message 8 of 52 (4,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I played last night for about an hour, then couldn't play and tried different things in vain for two hours before finally giving up. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it this morning. I was able to log in and walked around Tarsis for a minute before having to leave to go to work. My suggestion is to uninstall the game and reinstall it. I hope that a patch comes soon!

Message 9 of 52 (4,424 Views)

★★★★ Novice
any reply from EA to resolve this issue?
Message 10 of 52 (4,217 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help