Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem keeps freezing and crashing

by clmorning255

Original Post

★★★★ Newbie

Going on day 4 of literally not being able to play this game. Keeps freezing on loading screen or will give me an error message about the servers on home screen. Going to be requesting a refund soon.

Message 31 of 57 (680 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still having crashes on Xbox one x.  Same as before today's patch use the storm ult and game shuts my system down.

Message 32 of 57 (629 Views)

★★★★ Novice
have not mentioned this before but something is seriously wrong here. When Anthem crashes on my xbox and boots me to dashboard here is what I am dealing with.

Anthem will not start again. It gives the message about it took too long to start. So I try to start another game or another app, such as Netflix. It gives me the same message, it took too long to start. So I restart my xbox and nothing happens. It just goes black and nothing happens. I unplug it, I wait about 30 seconds, plug it back in and turn the Xbox back on. It will not boot up. I have to unplug and wait longer. I have waited as long as 30 minutes before plugging it back in.

It then tells me something happened, please restart the xbox. I click on the icon to restart and everything works fine at that point. THe Xbox is a little warm but most certainly not hot.

None of my other games crash and make me go thru this process. Games such as Fortnite, Astroneer, Red Dead, Fallout 76 etc. None of them crash hard and boot me to dashboard.

For some reason, and it is only with Anthem that after it crashes back to dashboard I am unable to use the xbox for a period of time. I played several hours this morning and all was well. But here I sit waiting to plug it back in and try once again. But the really interesting part is, no other apps will work after it crashes. I can’t play you tube, Netflix or start any other game. It’s almost like the xbox is unable to process any information after this crash and I literally have to unplug and wait.
Message 33 of 57 (629 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I chatted with EA support and they cant help me.  Since I bought the game thru Xbox Live Marketplace I have to request a refund with Microsoft.  So I did.  Now check this out. 

I uninstalled Anthem, was going to reinstall it.  I tried to clear MAC address and the console kept telling me it took too long to start.  I restarted the console again and now it has, in my opinion officially died.  Can’t get it to turn back on.  This was a new Scorpio edition less than 2 years old and after this damn Anthem game crashes my system multiple times it has died?  Let me guess, coincidence?  How lovely, for a 2 year old system with no issues until Anthem comes along and now it is dead.  Just what is this game doing to the system for it to crash and not able to function?    

Message 34 of 57 (623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Xbox One. It froze 3 days ago but I could still move the camera. Now, it freezes at the home screen until it reboots the game. And it just keeps doing that for the last 3 days. I just want this game that I paid $80 for to work.

Message 35 of 57 (572 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Game will not get past login, was playing 30 mins ago and now EA said * you, you ain't playing. EA is pure *, crappy servers
Message 36 of 57 (503 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now the server says error loading pilot data and I can’t even load into Fort Tarsis. Really grinding my geRs

Message 37 of 57 (492 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

This came out how long ago and still the same repetitive issues. Was just playing 30 mins ago and I got kicked and cant get back in. Infinite loading screen. Not connecting. Freezing prior to this. The whole 9 yards. Seriously disappointed in a game I waited an entire year for. 

Message 38 of 57 (475 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here , I can not even get past the loading of the game , absolute joke , 70 pound game and I haven't been able to play in 2 days .
Message 39 of 57 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Freezing that leads to task manager shut down on free play is a norm.

All different connection errors despite connection being perfectly fine happens constantly.

And it isn't even consistent, sometimes everything is ok for 2 hours, sometimes, like RIGHT NOW its a freeze every 5 minutes.

Will this ever get addressed?

I seriously regret buying this game, a 60$ game should work flawlessly month post release, not have constant issues.

Message 40 of 57 (400 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help