Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Anthem Xbox Server Issues

by TheAngerWithIn

Original Post

Anthem Xbox Server Issues

★★★★ Novice

These servers are atrocious on Xbox.  Constant disconnections and lag.  You are three weeks from launch and it’s already apparent that either the game isn’t ready or EA and Xbox aren’t providing the proper online services required for such a game as Anthem.  My question is simple, is EA actually going to do its best to provide said support?  When I was actually able to play the game it was amazing so I really hope that EA and Bioware make this a success.

Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is also based off of a build that is over a month old, I am sure they will have this resolved before release.  EA does need to get its foot off of the throats of developers I agree, but let's wait and see how this works because since the Open Demo I've had no disconnects since Friday. 

Message 2 of 6 (627 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I was in the middle of a battle and the entire game just froze. Everything just stood still like it was a picture. When I couldn't bring up the menu to back out and head to the fort, I quit the game. Then I couldn't load the game to continue playing after that. All I got is a title screen, then a black screen that just sat there.

I restarted the system and got back in, but that was the first real issue I've had other than server boots.

It is a lot better than last weekend. I was able to play for over 3 hours before I started having issues. Seems stability is much better.

Message 3 of 6 (621 Views)

★ Apprentice

@dazow wrote:

These servers are atrocious on Xbox.  Constant disconnections and lag.  You are three weeks from launch and it’s already apparent that either the game isn’t ready or EA and Xbox aren’t providing the proper online services required for such a game as Anthem.  My question is simple, is EA actually going to do its best to provide said support?  When I was actually able to play the game it was amazing so I really hope that EA and Bioware make this a success.

I agree about the servers however when it comes to connecting or losing connection to ea servers the fault lies with at&t. For me anyway

Message 4 of 6 (600 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing just happened to me lastnight around 9am eastern time. I tried backing out. Tried turning off the entire xbox and starting over. Now its 4am and im up trying to get some undistrubed gaming time in before work and it still will not load for me to play. 

Message 5 of 6 (485 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't had any issues with disconnecting in some time now. Today was the first day in a long time that I had issues. I think that most of it was due to the servers expiring. I got a notification for that while playing. A friend of mine tried to load the game this morning and it crashed twice for him.

Message 6 of 6 (447 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help