Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Allow Xbox One X players to lower resolution

by FlashVinnig

Original Post

Allow Xbox One X players to lower resolution

★★★★ Novice

So gaming around 20fps sucks, which feels like what I’m getting playing Anthem on my xb1x. I upgraded to an xb1x not just for the 4K experience, but I thought the fps would improve. It didn’t though. How about you allow xb1x players to lower the resolution down from 4K to get better fps? Can an xb1x playing Anthem at 1080p even get 60 fps? Are there any future patch updates for consoles that will improve the fps?

Message 1 of 5 (290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was just coming here to post something like this, I would rather play in 2k

Message 2 of 5 (256 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

on PS4 Pro it is possible to force the resolution to 1080p and voila the fps are nearly constant at 60fps with minor drops so 45.

So in my opinion, the MUST BE an option for the One X to play in 1080p with locked 60fps!!!

Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Stirliz85 wrote:

on PS4 Pro it is possible to force the resolution to 1080p and voila the fps are nearly constant at 60fps with minor drops so 45.

So in my opinion, the MUST BE an option for the One X to play in 1080p with locked 60fps!!!

My guess is this option would be found in the console settings, not Anthem. Meaning it would lower all games from 4k down to 1080. 

Not sure tho as I have a One S and don't have many issues with frames.

Message 4 of 5 (157 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have the xbox one x. Go to settings, then audio/video out put. I have mine set to 1080p and i have an lg oled e8 tv. Which supports 4k uhd hdr10. I rather run games at 1080p and have higher details along with fps. 

Message 5 of 5 (147 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help