Re: Game feels different already, tuner?

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game feels different already, tuner?

★★ Guide

So if you could get past the gamebreaking desyncing issues, NHL22 plays really well... or it did until Tuesday night. I had early access plus the 10 hour trial so I have been playing both ps4 and ps5 versions since the 10th. The game felt great. On the 19th I began to notice a shift in the gameplay.

Passing seemed easier and not in a good way. You had to aim and control the speed of passes PLUS have good hand eye, passing and offensive awareness traits on in order to pass successfully.. now it seems there is more forgiveness. More cross creases are getting through then they were before.

BS penalties had made a return. Contact being made when fighting for a puck became penalties. From the 10th-18th I had 2 total PIMs, on the 19th alone I had 10PIMs(in 3 games). Out of the 10PIMs only 1 charge was legit, the other 4 were interference penalties that a few days ago would have been let go and considered puck battles. 

Goalies went from being pretty solid and making the saves they are supposed to make, to letting in stuff that a few days ago they would have stopped. 

The hit bubble has returned. Contact meant contact but now we are back to guys bubbling off people and keeping a puck they have no business keeping.

There are more examples but I am sure you get my point. This game is trending backwards, toward the more arcade style of NHL21. I know the Twitch and Twitter heads have been crying because they cant just cheese the game anymore and exploit the older game mechanics but I am hoping that EA isnt bending to their whim and reverting the game back to that style to please those guys. 

Message 1 of 4 (400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@SilentAssassn25 

There have been no tuners or other updates this week that would affect gameplay.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (374 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

My guess is you had a bad day.

I've played all these days in a row and have not noticed anything different.

Message 2 of 4 (394 Views)

★★ Guide

its not just me noticing. and Ive played long enough to know when the game feels different. 

Message 3 of 4 (381 Views)

Community Manager

@SilentAssassn25 

There have been no tuners or other updates this week that would affect gameplay.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (375 Views)