Performance Issues

by fewsense

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Performance Issues

★★ Novice

I am experience some serious performance issues. I am currently using a RTX 4090 and I9 13900k. I am barely getting 60 fps at any resolution and a lot of stutters. Is there any plan on addressing these issues? 

When I tried on PS5, plays a lot smoother, I’d prefer to play on PC though. 

Message 1 of 10 (2,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Great game so far, pc performance abysmal

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to jump in real quick and thank everyone for letting us know about their experience with Wild Hearts so far. 

If you are running into PC performance issues, I would first recommend trying the following steps to see if we can improve performance. 

Spoiler
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Guide for Troubleshooting Graphics issues (Also ensure your using any dedicate card you may have) 
  • Turn down in-game settings, Set PC power to performance, and turn of any under/overclocking software
  • EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery) 
  • Repair Games in EA App (My Collection > Select the tile Dots > Repair) OR Verify the game in your Steam library 
  • Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  • Trying closing other Anti-Cheats and overlays that may be running
  • Install/Repair your VC++ files for the game (Other VC++ Link)
  • Put your device in a Clean Boot then launch the game

If you continue running into issues, please post in our feedback thread: [PC Performance Optimization Feedback Request]

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (2,186 Views)

All Replies

Re: Performance Issues

★★★ Newbie
@fewsense i play this game for 1hour more, i have fun...

BUT FPS IS * SUX...stuttering..stuttering..stuttering
NEED FIX FAST!

i7 10700k
RX 6800XT
Message 2 of 10 (2,423 Views)

Great game so far, pc performance abysmal

★★★ Newbie

My friend and I tried the Pc version because the early access dropped there beforehand. Maxed out settings looks worse than my ps5 version. Game was unplayable even on the lowest settings. Constant stutters where it feels like it’s playing in slow motion. 

I have a ryzen 5 3600x and rx 6600xt and my friend has a rx 6700 and a better ryzen 5 cpu.  I want this game to do great which is why I pre ordered a month back but video game developers need to do better for pc titles. I literally on play mmos and league of legends on my pc because how bad the optimization is compared to consoles. 

as a systems engineer in IT I am not delusional to how pc environment contains several different builds so it’s harder to optimize but geeez… still try 

Message 3 of 10 (2,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@donsklz123 Im also getting the slow motion effect, I'm greatful it effects the monsters too atleast. They hopefully will fix it quickly
Message 4 of 10 (2,383 Views)

★★★ Novice

On 1440p standard preset I get 40fps dips and I am on a 12900k and rtx4090. How is that even possible

Message 5 of 10 (2,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Regardless of the resolution used, performance issues are indeed present on different configurations.

On my side the FPS runs between 35 and 50, I hardly reach 60 fps regardless of the resolution with low graphics.

Let's hope that fixes come quickly so that the fluidity is there to fully enjoy the game.

My biggest regret the choice in resolutions is minimal and does not fit well with my 49" screen

Setup:
I7-6700K (4.5Ghz)
MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X 8G OC

Message 6 of 10 (2,226 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone, 

I wanted to jump in real quick and thank everyone for letting us know about their experience with Wild Hearts so far. 

If you are running into PC performance issues, I would first recommend trying the following steps to see if we can improve performance. 

Spoiler
  • Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows and GPU updates  
  • Guide for Troubleshooting Graphics issues (Also ensure your using any dedicate card you may have) 
  • Turn down in-game settings, Set PC power to performance, and turn of any under/overclocking software
  • EA App's Cache (Top Left Menu > Help > App Recovery) 
  • Repair Games in EA App (My Collection > Select the tile Dots > Repair) OR Verify the game in your Steam library 
  • Check for other applications that may be limiting EA App or Game performance
  • Trying closing other Anti-Cheats and overlays that may be running
  • Install/Repair your VC++ files for the game (Other VC++ Link)
  • Put your device in a Clean Boot then launch the game

If you continue running into issues, please post in our feedback thread: [PC Performance Optimization Feedback Request]

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 10 (2,187 Views)

Re: Performance Issues

★ Novice

RTX 4090, i7-11700k, 32gb RAM, installed on a Samsung PCI Gen 3 SSD drive.

I have same issues, seems the 4090 is too powerful that it can't even detect a game running lol. I even tried to trick it in Nvidias control panel to run max performance. I think they need to give us a Direct X 11 & 12 launcher may fix so many lag issues. 

Although could be CPU bottlenecked not sure.

Message 8 of 10 (1,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I gotta say, asking users to bump their settings to lowest on mid-high range hardware is a band aid-solution for something that is clearly a CPU bottleneck issue that was identified and STILL is an issue with this game. (Check Steampowered Forums, there is plenty of threads on this) It's been over 2 weeks since official launch and we're still without a proper fix for this for most players on PC, the latest patch only listed bug fixes and no further updates to helping improve performance.

Doing these recommended steps doesnt even produce better results for many because its the game not properly using their hardware efficiently, I haven't been able to actually enjoy this game since it's launch because the performance has been so poor and inconsistent.

Please provide an update on what is being done to actively resolve this bottleneck performance issue.

Intel i7-8700 / 48gb ram / RTX 3080

Message 9 of 10 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The solution of every dev are giving ! We dont need to do this but in other hand you need to optimise your game better. The game runs like * and most pc player are tired of paying game 100$ for having a bad experience for dev error. Fix your game before trying to launch new thing for god sake. We had enough and that's enough !!!

Message 10 of 10 (1,064 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help