Re: nerf or remove energy weapons

by OldTreeCreeper

Original Post

nerf or remove energy weapons

★★★ Novice

Have you guys thought about making energy weapons consume more then 1 bullet? They are insanely overpowered

Message 1 of 15 (1,020 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Dragonl0rd4412 They are not overpowered at all. Do you even use them? It is insanely hard to hit someone accurately with a Havoc or L-Star. The recoil (both horizontal and vertical) is off the charts. I love the Havoc because its a good gun when you hit your shots and can be accurate. Trust me, there are times I hit nothing but air and later in the game have very little energy ammo because of it. There is nothing wrong with energy weapons.
Message 2 of 15 (989 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bro are serious first off I shouldn't even be replying to you since you truly believe in your heart the L-star needs to be buffed.. Don't you know if everyone is using a particular gun it is op? Therefore my statement stands not to mention I have seen more energy ammo in all my matches and only seen 2 longbows and it took me 4 matches to even see a shotgun..

Message 3 of 15 (970 Views)

@Dragonl0rd4412 thats strange, as I'm seeing lots of everything and always have the problem of being spoiled for choice. Im realy enjoying the LStar.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 4 of 15 (961 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Dragonl0rd4412 Yes I do think it needs a slight buff. Why aren't you complaining about the Spitfire too then? It is a far stronger and easier to use weapon. You played 4 matches, play some more. I play a lot. Some rounds, yes, all I see is energy ammo (and I think to myself, "wow, that would have been awesome last round"), but then there are rounds I play where yes there is zero energy ammo. You can't really base your argument on stuff like that due to the high level of randomness everything is. (IE drop zone, hot zone, num players in your area, what your squadmates are using, etc). I base my argument off of statistics that each weapon can deliver. The PK is another POS gun. In firing range, at the same distance, the mastiff does 10 more damage then PK (and that is without a choke). What kind of BS is that? Again, it deserves its own thread and I will make one once I get more data.
Message 5 of 15 (954 Views)

★★★ Novice

I been playing since the game came out but yes there are an abundance of spawn rates for the lstar  and my point is that it is o p and it's evident by the usage rate per match. Literally everyone is using it in matches for a reason, it's the best gun if you are in close combat. as for the spitfire what do you want me to say about it, cause my opinion on spitfire is that it's in a perfect spot. Had they left the ammo at 60 w/ purple mag and left the fire rate the same it would be op like it was during release. Now again my statement stands on the L-star regardless of your 'training room tests' since training room doesn't account for fortified/low profile. So yes I do believe either nerf it, take it out, or put it back in as a game drop

Message 6 of 15 (945 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Dragonl0rd4412 If it is meant to be an SMG, then I think it is perfect where it stands. I always thought it was an LMG (and thus used it as such and sucked with it). But it really isn't that bad dude. I hardly see ppl use it. I ALWAYS swap it out for a havoc or spitfire
Message 7 of 15 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Okay just checked. The game classifies it as an LMG. So I stand by my original comments
Message 8 of 15 (931 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bro legit I can't make this up nor do I do this forum nonsense but this has been a long standing problem and the newly added energy weapon has made it worse..... Now the topic of the thread is for all energy weapons but I truly don't think devotion/havoc need to be deleted it was a sour of moment rant. BUT this is really about a gun that is posing a problem and ruining the early g and environment. And yes swapping out guns is completely normal since other guns perform way better late game for certain situations. 

Message 9 of 15 (930 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Dragonl0rd4412 If anything I see people avoid energy weapons, which im okay with since I rock the havoc, I havent been able to play with the LSTAR much cuz everytime I ADS my game lags.
Message 10 of 15 (922 Views)