enhanced armor system

by Critangotv

Original Post

enhanced armor system

★ Novice

Armor has never worked in any game

I'm not going to get specific, but for many reasons... armor will be the biggest complaint in this game. Many will complain about weapon balance or time to kill (TTK), but those are secondary issues to the main problem... ARMOR.

My proposed fix:

You address the lifespan of a game in rounds. When the zone finishes shrinking and defines the new boundaries, a new round begins. As we progress through rounds, the playable zone gets smaller and usually the remaining teams are well looted.

Why don't you also address the lifespan of armor using this round-based system?

Have armor progress in strength as the game progresses into further rounds

Following this model, armor would advance in strength as the game advances in rounds. Armor would be helping a player the very same, without concern of when that player found or equipped it. This means a player will be HAPPY to pick up common armor!!

Why is this a good idea?

In the beginning of the game you need a lower time to kill. People have weak weapons and minimum ammunition, there is absolutely no requirement for someone to have doubled their health pool in this stage of the game.

As we move into further rounds, people have had time to loot the map and enemies. They have good weapons that are modded and powerful. At this point, we need the armor to increase TTK and provide late game balance

And that's the beauty of it, the armor is increasing as it needs to. It always good to have armor and it will always be balanced per the stage of the game. Nobody is complaining about common armor and nobody is complaining about epic armor, because they are one in the same. It is never too powerful and it is never too weak, it's just right for that moment.

Not sure how difficult globally scaling an item will be during a match, but I think it is a great idea and thanks for taking the time to read this over

Take care, great game

GG

Message 1 of 1 (170 Views)