Re: does the Havoc need a buff?

by Sir_Named

Original Post

does the Havoc need a buff?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

its a gun a lot of people think is weak, honestly its the gun i use the most, its the gun i have the most kills with and i love it but a lot of people think its weak and not worth using, its start up time is not ideal however once it gets going it shreds everything

Message 1 of 8 (587 Views)

★★ Expert
@Swarth2300 I don’t think it really needs a buff, it’s fine as it is right now.
Message 2 of 8 (549 Views)

★★★ Pro

Season 4 literally buffed it already with an even easier recoil control than previous seasons. This is because they removed the Turbo Charger. 

I will say this, don't use the Havoc as a Secondary weapon. It must be your primary weapon in your loadout because of the charge up time. 

Since there is no Turbo Charger, you cannot use Havoc as a Secondary anymore to be honest. 

Message 3 of 8 (539 Views)

@Leo_the_Lion25 I agree, I think it's in a good spot as it is. I think a lot of people dont like it because of the spin up time.
Message 4 of 8 (521 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Leo_the_Lion25 @xx_Dante2k_xx 

I don't think the buff to recoil was really anything significant.. It was ONLY horizontal recoil they buffed, nothing else.

The removal of the turbocharger makes this gun kind of pointless at range. It is hard to handle. I miss the turbocharger cause I have died due to the charge up. But I have suggested a buff to the damage fall off range with single fire mode. Before with turbocharger I could single shoot it at range and still do high damage, now its not an option.

Otherwise, I think it could get buffed with the charge time. Maybe a few milliseconds shorter. 

Also, I have seen threads where people complained and said it needs a nerf.. But I do not understand. It was WAY better with turbocharger in s1, and s2. The introduction of extended mag didn't bother me either. Whenever I played with my friend, she always was like "hey boy I got you a gift" and dropped a turbocharger. Havoc was my main secondary with like a longbow or other long range gun. It really hasn't changed, if anything got worse. 

Message 5 of 8 (486 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Swarth2300 Does it need a buff? LOL. This is one of the easiest guns in the game by far. Way too much ammo in the mag for how much damage it does. If anything it needs a nerf. If anyone says other wise they just cant aim whatsoever. Gun is broken
Message 6 of 8 (451 Views)

★★ Expert
@Benchwarmerbrew Dude, it’s not broken. It has a very long charge up time, during which the player is very vulnerable.
It also as a ton of recoil, which is extremely difficult to control at even mid range.
Message 7 of 8 (445 Views)

★★ Expert
@SolitaryMassacre What do you mean “Before with turbocharger I could single shoot it at range and still do high damage, now it’s not an option”?
The only way to get single fire is with the select fire hop up, so I don’t know how you could single shoot it with the turbocharger. Also I am fairly certain the turbocharger didn’t affect recoil either.
It is still a pretty decent gun though. I wouldn’t be opposed to a buff, but a nerf is unnecessary
Message 8 of 8 (440 Views)