Wingman Feedback

by Stevoyd

Original Post

Wingman Feedback

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not posting to complain about this weapon like other posts, I'm simply providing feedback:

Pros

• Aim is seemingly more difficult that other weapons
  • Low initial magazine capacity
  • Hip-fire accuracy is varied

Negs

• Increase Magazine capacity attachment slot adds too much (around 33% extra capacity with each upgrade - no other weapon gets this)
  • Skull piercer attachment
  • Damage per second (collectively)

Reasons:

I'm not sure on whether I just find this particular weapon harder than others, but aiming with this seems to be much more difficult than any other weapon. I can land shots far more easily with the Longbow in close quarters and iron sights than I can with the Wingman. I'm still learning it, but it's just a point of note... it seems to react differently when firing.
The starting magazine capacity of 6 is fine with current rate of fire. Unless landing headshots, it takes 3 body shots to down someone without armour, so a full magazine of body shots to drop someone with purple armour. 
However, as the extended magazines are added, the weapon becomes seemingly more unrealistic. I personally think the rate of fire, and the damage should remain exactly as they are, as well as the aiming mechanism, and simply remove the magazine attachment. As this is supposedly based off of a Revolver, have you ever heard of a Revolver that accepts an extended magazine? You might have, but I sure haven't.

The Skull-Piercer attachment I also find almost irrelevant. I don't know if this is true, but it seems only damage is amplified of Headshots only, which mostly seems pointless and farfetched. What are you modifying on the weapon that makes the weapon decide "Actually, nah, I'm going to do less damage because you only hit their neck/shoulders". The damage increase mod should increase damage across the weapon, not only for headshots.
Finally, in place of the magazine attachment slot, a barrel mod could be added to compensate for the drop in DPS. One that stabilises the rate of fire, taking the weapon from being a higher skill cap weapon, and lowering the skill cap slightly with better attachments.

Message 1 of 1 (142 Views)