Re: Why not a Knockdown Dome?

by Peri_Longbow_plz

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Alright, chill your beans it was just an idea....... Flipping heck. 

Message 21 of 38 (629 Views)

@LordloshBang Your attempt on stating points in honors, but all paragraphs can be boiled down to: "You're bad, I need the kills" - Because in the end, this is all you said.

If you play for kills, that honestly is up to you. Always thought the goal of Apex Legends is winning as the last one standing, and this goal is the one that feeds the most team play. Going for kills merely feeds the ego.

Sure, there are games which don't even allow you to be revived. There are equally games that do everything they can so you can get revived, by making you intangible from enemy fire as you're downed. Unlike here, there is no lifeline that can do such thing passively, so you have to spend a solid 8 seconds on reviving someone. And you are open to get attacked in that period. That is risk enough for your team.

You gain kills either way by eliminating the other squad. If you get third partied, chances are you lose it anyway since it's full strength squad vs damaged squad.

That I'm having the chance to be resurrected is all nice and stuff, but not if everyone runs around with an R-99 or Mastiff and kills you before you even have the time to activate the Knockdown shield.
Message 22 of 38 (620 Views)

★ Guide
@OnlymeCDT You can’t make ideas and not expect people to have opinions. Plus you never know when a dev is reading this and might agree with what you are saying. Some of us (like me) don’t agree with this idea, but if the dev can only see positive feedback they will think lots of people enjoy this.
Message 23 of 38 (581 Views)

@BBY_YOD4 Changes may end up having to be made even if a majority doesn't like it. Such as the Wraith and Pathfinder nerfs. The whole "racking up kills" way of thinking is what diminishes team play in a whole. So many times do I find my team mates so obsessed with trying to kill a downed target that they get downed themselves and then what? Leave.

Sorry but that whole "kill at all costs" thing seriously has to stop.
Message 24 of 38 (562 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@BBY_YOD4 wrote:
@OnlymeCDTYou can’t make ideas and not expect people to have opinions. Plus you never know when a dev is reading this and might agree with what you are saying. Some of us (like me) don’t agree with this idea, but if the dev can only see positive feedback they will think lots of people enjoy this.

It’s one thing to discuss the topic, it’s another for players that are only out for kills and have absolutely no care for their teammates to be weighing in on a conversation about something that would help a teamwork mechanic. Unfortunately many players are blind to balancing because they are used to a currently overpowered system and will fight tooth and nail to defend it, even if the stats show it needs balancing.

in this case for example, I agree that SOMETHING needs to be done because as of currently, it is far too easy to eliminate squads at close range using certain weapons. A group of R99s will squad wipe in a heart beat. A bit more defense against that needs to be given. Something to make people not want to push right through the middle. 

As for a or a possible compromise, give it a drain when it is on, so you can’t just keep it up as long as you are in downed state, or lower it’s health. Something. Though it is way to easy to sidestep and kill them currently.

Message 25 of 38 (553 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It was just an idea and your comment was salty AF. There's a way of putting your point across as some other people on this thread have also disagreed but not acted like it the worst thing to ever be said in the history of the world. Hahaha. 

You're free to your opinion, 100% and have no problem with that as you can't please everyone, respawn have changed up the game in ways I didn't like and others did and I've just gone with it, at the end of the day it is ultimately up to developers, but this is supposed to be a discussion not a debate. Just saying... 

Message 26 of 38 (533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@Peri_Longbow_plz wrote:
@LordloshBangYour attempt on stating points in honors, but all paragraphs can be boiled down to: "You're bad, I need the kills" - Because in the end, this is all you said.

If you play for kills, that honestly is up to you. Always thought the goal of Apex Legends is winning as the last one standing, and this goal is the one that feeds the most team play. Going for kills merely feeds the ego.

Sure, there are games which don't even allow you to be revived. There are equally games that do everything they can so you can get revived, by making you intangible from enemy fire as you're downed. Unlike here, there is no lifeline that can do such thing passively, so you have to spend a solid 8 seconds on reviving someone. And you are open to get attacked in that period. That is risk enough for your team.

You gain kills either way by eliminating the other squad. If you get third partied, chances are you lose it anyway since it's full strength squad vs damaged squad.

That I'm having the chance to be resurrected is all nice and stuff, but not if everyone runs around with an R-99 or Mastiff and kills you before you even have the time to activate the Knockdown shield.

Don`t tell me people are not interesting about kills in a FPS games, this is the main reason you play FPS games. And Apex is a FPS BR game. In order to win you need to make kills

Kills also gives you point in ranked. Everyone play this games for the kills, and wins comes after that.

So my arguments are spot on.

And i also forget important things, aka armor swap, getting ammo(a lot of times you will be low on this, even cells/med and so on). Which is a HUGE part of the game, and it will be kinda impossible with a so call dome.

Look for above when we talk about third party. How fast you kill the squad you fought at first place(also positioning and million other factors as well, but..) determine if you going to get third partied and if your going to be prepare for it. Armor swap plays huge role here as well.

Also you can reposition and even completely dodge a third party fight, if you lets said get a kill or two, and you won`t care much about the rest. But if there is a dome, you would not be able to armor swap or loot the deadbox and replenish your wasted ammo/heals and so on, which will hurt you big time in later engagment.

This is a game about kill,loot, repeat till you get the win.

Yeah there is a situation where you won`t need to loot a deadbox, but as i said this game offer million situation in every aspect, and they all are all different of some way, so most of the time you need to loot after you get a klll.

GuardianReaper0, then you need to learn how to utilize cover more, maybe even improve your peak, strafe and so on.

If you want a higher TTK, anything after you get knocked is wrong.

Again i have no problem with higher TTK, which will mean - reward for most skilled player, but this should be done in either armor/health buff or weapon damage nerf.

And yeah i believe there is unbalance(big one through the legends) and in the weapons as well. Mastiff is way over the hill for example.

Also knockdown shields are not much of defence against shootgun, but Devs should have though about that, before making Mastiff completely broken.

Except for the Mastiff or double tap Eva8 i usually manage to cover(with knockdown shield when i`m done) for a mag/two or even three, which should be more than enough for your teammates to do the work, otherwise your not deserving to live.

Tho in Season 5 this is a lot worst, because server is terrible and you active your shield, and its active, but he somehow kill you through it, because of the crap servers .....

Message 27 of 38 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@OnlymeCDTI apologize if I sounded salty. I just needed my point across and never meant to be salty. I just don’t 100% agree with the dome idea as sometimes finishing is necessary and I don’t want to unload 50 rounds into a guy with his dome up for me to get 1 round of mini or 2 heals. I make quite good arguments, but a lot of you guys are only saying the whole reason for finishing is to get the kill. Which is 100% wrong.

Message 28 of 38 (462 Views)

I never said I'm not killing people. I said I'm not beating the dead horse.

The amount of times I see team mates trying so desperately to kill a downed target while being shot at by other people is disgustingly high, and makes me once again wonder why we have no solo mode where the only one I have to trust is myself, and even for myself the trust is low. I mean in all honesty? Having to rely on a team mate who's brain functions like a rabid wolf is about as reassuring as someone telling me that jumping into lava feels like a bath in a hot spring.

Sure, people are swapping armor mid-fight. Experiencing that myself a lot of times. First: That's a disgusting play style. Second: I make sure to humiliate those people when they go down. Thirdly, am I glad that I rely on skill, not death boxes. Post-fight looting, heck, about as normal as it gets. But if some wannabe wraith-main comes by and runs around like a bunny to loot every box in existence, all I can really think in this moment is: If your current stuff wasn't enough, do you really deserve the second chance? Nope, and my arc star makes sure that they feel that as well.

So yeah, I'd love to see people actually fight and finish what they started, and not cheese themselves some advantages which I'm not sure about why they function in the first place.

Message 29 of 38 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Peri_Longbow_plzIt’s a disgusting okay style to finish someone for armour? I’ll have to disagree. I might have misunderstood your writing because this doesn’t feel right. But if you did mean this you are completely wrong. Let’s imagine that I have knocked one guy and both my teammates are down. I gotta clutch and I don’t have enough time to pull off a shield bat. Alright so I would finish to get the shield even if it was a blue shield and I had purple before. I have a much higher chance of winning this fight because I finished. I agree sometimes my teammates do get focused on a downed guy, but I’ll usually retreat and get to my focused teammate so we can work together. You have to realize that finishing is an important part of this game. They added shield swapping for this reason. At some point you can’t rely on your skill because if your enemy has that extra 100 health that could mean life or death to you.

Message 30 of 38 (410 Views)